hi

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by gina_b, 5 March 2011 Social URL.

1. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    hi all,

figured you'd have some answers for me

im wanting to have a high protein diet and and got reccomended for atkins, now i dont want to lose weight, nor do i want to be in ketosis... i worked too hard on gaining all this muscle to risk losing it. i want to get even more muscle aswell...

is there any high protein foods i can have? i dont mind if they are low carbs as ill still be eating my bread and rice.

i however dont like red meat of any kind, and have a severe allergy to prawns and shellfish
    (allergy to apples aswell)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rosebug

rosebug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.65%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I don't know too much about high protein diets for athletes but I don't think atkins is what you want at all. Try googling muscle building diets - that might be more in line with what you need. otherwise, chicken, eggs and fish are all high protein but not red meat.

Taking a Closer Look at High Protein Foods | Muscle & Strength

4. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    thanks, thats certanly helped me. it was on yahoo answers i got told of atkins being a good option ¬_¬

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.