Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

hi

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by gina_b, 5 March 2011 Social URL.

1. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    hi all,

figured you'd have some answers for me

im wanting to have a high protein diet and and got reccomended for atkins, now i dont want to lose weight, nor do i want to be in ketosis... i worked too hard on gaining all this muscle to risk losing it. i want to get even more muscle aswell...

is there any high protein foods i can have? i dont mind if they are low carbs as ill still be eating my bread and rice.

i however dont like red meat of any kind, and have a severe allergy to prawns and shellfish
    (allergy to apples aswell)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rosebug

rosebug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.65%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I don't know too much about high protein diets for athletes but I don't think atkins is what you want at all. Try googling muscle building diets - that might be more in line with what you need. otherwise, chicken, eggs and fish are all high protein but not red meat.

Taking a Closer Look at High Protein Foods | Muscle & Strength

4. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    thanks, thats certanly helped me. it was on yahoo answers i got told of atkins being a good option ¬_¬

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.