Hi

pgslim

Hi, i am new and just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Julie, mom & nan, chasing a dream of 30yrs to lose the excess weight. I've done most diet's known to man, all the well known ones ww & sw and some of the not known ones like Superslim... 6 years ago i had a wls and thought the yo yo dieting was over. Sadly the magic wand didn't do all i hoped although it was/is still pretty amazing. My love of food (not the good stuff) has meant i am still trying to lose the excess...

Currently following New You which is a vlcd (struggled with 600cals so have added a few veg & a bit of salad to the very small portions just so i can sustain it). Have decided to give it a few more weeks (while i finish all the products i have) & then go back to a 'conventional' diet but being aware of carbs which are one of my demons.

Any ideas, suggestions would be most greatfully received.

Julie x

Hi Julie, I'm new too, and like Scooby5575 am not following any specific diet plan. I'm just trying to eat healthier foods, watch my portion sizes and do a bit of exercise - my main food demon is sugar .... oh and hot buttered toast! I've thought about vlcd's in the past, but I think the lack of food would make me more food obsessed and I'd start snacking so it wouldn't work for me. It's easy to find exciting and imaginative diet recipes nowadays, I can remember my mum being on a constant diet in the 70s and living off salad, cottage cheese and crispbreads - I don't know how she did it! I find doing my grocery shopping online means I don't get tempted by naughty stuff which I do if I walk past it in a supermarket. I try not to keep unhealthy food in the house - sounds obvious but if it isn't there it can't tempt me. I've recently discovered spray oil (1 calorie a spray) and snack on nuts instead of reaching for the (boyfriend's) biscuits although I have to be careful not to overdo it.

Good luck with your weight loss :)

I use the Myfitnesspal app as seeing those calories add up during the day does keep you more focused. I've also got a Fitbit and watching the steps add up also keeps me motivated.

Having said that I haven't done either since Christmas as I had a vomiting bug, followed by a cold which turned into laryngitis and a chest infection, then I tripped over my cat :kitty: and pulled a muscle in my calf and hurt my achilles!! :doh:

Blimey sassie this year not started very well xx
I haven't got a fitbit but I do walk 5 days a week 2 and from school and again in the afternoon which is just short of 4 miles a day

Things can only get better, fingers crossed.

That's a good amount of walking you're doing - I like walking as it's free and you don't need any expensive equipment :)

Thanks for all the advice. I've done calorie counting & tbh as much as mfp is great i just don't want to sit inputting ingredients, working out portions etc. I really don't want to exercise my head anymore, i just want to get good, healthy food & eat my meals.

I have signed up for the gym, just waiting for the all clear from the dr following surgery so that i can get in a do a bit before heading off to my very sedentary job a few days a week. That and hopefully doing a bit of walking during my lunch hour. Loved my trusty wrist pedometer, think it ran away when i moved house. In my dreams someone buys me a fitbit and we live happily ever after...

Good luck all, but especially to the accident prone dieter xx

Back