Hi!

mdymond1982

So, hello!

I am 34, roughly about 6st over my ideal weight and really need to do something about it! I actually tried the Cambridge diet (started last week) but it is much too restrictive for me, I just enjoy my food too much :)

So here I am, back at trusty old Slimming World. I did manage to lose 5st one SW once before, a few years before having my son - but 4 years of little sleep and motherhood has taken its toll on me and my weight!

I do genuinely enjoy exercise and go to the gym at least 3 times a week as well as run (I am actually shuffling the London Marathon in 6 weeks - eeek) so I should be skinny - just goes to show how much I must be eating!!!

Anyway, enough rambling - really looking forward to getting to know some of you and hoping for some encouragement on this journey (which I am determined will be my last one).

Michelle xx

Hi,
Sounds like you´ve got some good basics there Michelle.
Good luck and look forward to getting to know you.

Thank you ladies! A food diary is a good idea, if I have to write it down, less likely to cheat (or at least I am just cheating myself!) - I might go and have a peak at yours littlemissnaughty for some motivation and inspiration :)

Welcome to the forums! :) You and I are the same age and have about the same amount of weight to lose in total so it'll be nice to see how you get on :)

I definitely agree with the idea of keeping a food diary, I do this too on here and find that it's great for keeping me on track on the days that I remember to complete it! Are you attending SW classes or doing it from home?

Best of luck with the marathon! That's quite an accomplishment :) Any suggestions on how to enjoy exercise? That's my biggest obstacle haha!

Hi Grunka - nice to find someone in a similar position to me :) I'm going to have a look out for your diary on the forums too - I will look forward to seeing your progress. I'm signed up online and doing it all from home - I know what to do, I just need to the motivation to stick at it. I'm hoping that these forums will help as I can log on anytime and get some help :D

I used to hate exercise - I just find that the more I do it, the more I enjoy it and want to do it!! The secret for me is to have lots of different options (running, gym, circuits etc) - if I don't feel like doing one thing, I just do something else! keeps me interested :character00116:

I'm off to stalk your diary......... haha!

Thank you ladies! A food diary is a good idea, if I have to write it down, less likely to cheat (or at least I am just cheating myself!) - I might go and have a peak at yours littlemissnaughty for some motivation and inspiration :)

Yes please have a look. It's great to get added support from people on your diary and also good to see what everyone else is eating :)

I used to hate exercise - I just find that the more I do it, the more I enjoy it and want to do it!! The secret for me is to have lots of different options (running, gym, circuits etc) - if I don't feel like doing one thing, I just do something else! keeps me interested :character00116:

I'm off to stalk your diary......... haha!

Haha I'd have linked it but you beat me to it :)

I hate exercise at the moment but it's something I would like to get into. I know from experience though that gyms aren't for me but I do have some equipment at home that I should dust off. The other night I was reading in bed and when I held my book up I noticed that I have an arm muscle! It was visible and even had that little indentation to show definition rather than it being covered over with fat! I was so excited I had to show my husband, I think he thought I was mad! :p It has made me want to pick up the weights again though as I seem to be getting to the stage where toning up would help too, rather than just dropping the pounds. Might drag the weights out tonight and give them a lift! :cool:

Sorry for the late reply - hectic day yesterday which included a trip to A&E!!!! (all fine now thank goodness!)

Did you manage to get the weights out in the end?! Starting is the hardest part, once you do that, you just have to keep going. I find getting it done in the morning before anyone else is up is the best for me - I am often out, exercised and back before anyone else is awake! Makes me feel much more energised for the day and also means that I don't have time to think of excuses not to do it haha!

Hi,
Much better to get it done in the morning for me too.
I actually managed to get to the gym by 7:30 today. At last !
Had to but the alarm in the bathroom to make me get out of bed mind you. :D

Hi,
Much better to get it done in the morning for me too.
I actually managed to get to the gym by 7:30 today. At last !
Had to but the alarm in the bathroom to make me get out of bed mind you. :D

haha! I have to have 3 alarms to get me up - my husband gets very annoyed :D but at least it is done and out of the way then!

Did you manage to get the weights out in the end?!

Haha not a chance! :p I really should make more of an effort though. Now that it's getting lighter in the mornings it is more feasible for me to get up earlier but even then, it'd be a struggle. I'm usually up at 6.30am and only have half an hour to get ready before leaving for work so I'd have to get up at about 6am to get any exercise done...but then I'd need to cool off and shower if I worked up a sweat, which would take more time so then we're looking at 5.30am and that time just doesn't register with me.

I have been able to exercise in the evenings but the enthusiasm soon wears off when I walk in to my room and see my pyjamas :D

Must try harder!

Back