High egg consumption and cholesterol - my test result

willbefabulousat26

Likes to Dukan
Hi girls

I had a set of mini health checks carried out at work today. I thought you would be interested to know the doc said my cholesterol result was very very good and this is despite having eaten 25+ eggs per week for the past year (yes I love eggs!)

For anyone interested my total/HDL ratio was 2.3.

I'm celebrating with a 6 egg omelette :D

Oh and I'm even more thrilled to report that the doc's scales weighed me 1lb *less* than I was expecting and that was despite it being the middle of the afternoon and me fully clothed!!! :8855:

Thats really good news, I know some on here worry somewhat about how many eggs they eat. I eat as many as I need to, if it did result in raised cholesterol then I will deal with that when I'm slim!

Well done, that is great news! I don't have a cholesterol problem and so my concern has always been about the weight loss and not the cholesterol with egg yolks. But I thought the doctor says that eating more than one yolk a day will slow your loss because of the fat content? Do you think it may slow loss the closer one gets to target? Would love to eat 25 eggs a week!!!! :D

There has been this prejudice against eggs almost since cholesterol was discovered but it has long been known that egg yolk contains 'healthy' cholesterol, whatever that means. I have very slightly raised cholesterol (5.1) but genuinely believe eggs are healthier than fatty meats, etc. So if they're tasty and fill you up, go for it, IMO.

Well done, that is great news! I don't have a cholesterol problem and so my concern has always been about the weight loss and not the cholesterol with egg yolks. But I thought the doctor says that eating more than one yolk a day will slow your loss because of the fat content? Do you think it may slow loss the closer one gets to target? Would love to eat 25 eggs a week!!!! :D

You've just reminded me my egg consumption breaks official Dukan rules - I first started Dukan before he made the one yolk a day rule and it's something I've carried on with. I suppose I'll have to reassess as I get closer to goal (for the second time :sigh2:) but for now I'm happy it doesn't affect my weightloss unduly.

I'm getting very eggsited at this news coz I love eggs. I had a cholesterol check a couple of yrs back and I'm good but if I do eat too many they will make my er hm digestion stop and that's not good but I could easily munch on 3 hard boiled eggs for lunch lol or a snack but I don't. Saska x

Eggzacty, you've got to watch how many you consume and follow the Dukan rules. Eggstatic results though lol hehehehe giggle,giggle,giggle xxx

I get my results tomorrow and will post mine too xxx

I am having lots of eggs, wonder if I'm having to many?

I am having lots of eggs, wonder if I'm having to many?

Hiya, maybe have a cholestrol check up and if you are concerned then why not combine egg whites with the eggs when making scrambled or omelets. Talking of eggs think I will have one for breakfast over some home cooked ham. Have a great Dukan day everyone ....Saska x

I've been around Dukan for oooh a while now, and the limits on the eggs used to only be for those with a known cholesterol issue. In France, blood tests are common routine annual events but not usually in the UK I don't think so many haven't a clue whether they have or haven't an issue!

My total cholesterol is borderline but composed of far too much GOOD cholesterol (the HDL) and an ok amount of the bad (LDL)... :)

My cholesterol is no different after loosing 2 1/2 stone its the same now as it was in january before Dukan.....so eggs and my diet have not lowered mine...its still 5.6

Back