High fibre foods recommended

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Racheldublin, 18 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Racheldublin

Racheldublin Full Member

Hi all,

Doc has ordered me to increase my fibre intake ...

Any recommendations?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

Green veg...... Weetabix..... Brown bread.... Fruit...... X
  4. Racheldublin

Racheldublin Full Member

Thank u,

I had been eating readybreak everymorning and got a good telling off from the doc!
    Thought i was being good.. Apparently not!

5. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

It's very filling and very healthy... But sadly not a lot of fibre.... Weetabix or allbran if you like them are packed with fibre... X
  6. Racheldublin

Racheldublin Full Member

Thanks girls seen a big diff on the scales this week after all the fibre xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
  7. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Heya rachel, are you finding the fibre keeps you fuller for longer?
  8. Aline

Aline Gold Member

Current Weight:
    maintenance: healthy eating & exercise
    Hi Rachel!

The others already said the most important: lots of fruits and vegetables, only whole foods (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat cereals, such as weetabix and all-bran, ...).
    I would like to add the importance of drinking at least 1.5 litres of water (3 pints or 6 glasses) everyday because fiber needs water to bulk and work properly ;)

9. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

I agree ... Lots if good fibre.. Lots of water..low fat.. High protein.. If you stick to that I'm sure you will lose weight whilst remaining healthy :) x
  10. zzjanliz

zzjanliz Full Member

pulses are also very high in fiber...like lentils and chickpeas and beans. Also you can buy packs of high fibre bran/seed mixes that you can sprinkle on your cereal to increase the fibre content...maybe hit the health food store. Also you can take a supplement of slippery elm which you have as a drink with lots of water...that is VERY high!
  11. Racheldublin

Racheldublin Full Member

Thanks 4 all the tips girls.., im going to hit the health food store tomo defo! I find now the fibre makes my digestion process much more regular and i do feel much fuller longer too xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.