High impact cardio... What to do?

Myaevesmummy

Hi all, started again today after being on and off a few times. I do Combat class twice a week (45 mins very high cardio) as well as a toning class that is still quite high cardio plus the occassional run on the treadmill. From experience it is practically impossible for me not to be absolutely starving the next day/same day. And also practically impossible for me to push myself that much on roughly 500 cals, however I would love to still be able to do them (only 3 times a week..) so wondered if on those days I could perhaps add a quorn sausage or two? With a bit of veg? (im veggie). Or is this just a big nono? My brother suggested adding some of his protein powder in but would this help with hunger?? Thanks x

On training days I have 5 packs or 4 & protein

You can work into those days for example meat free burger & veggies( just check the carbs of ant meat substitute
- or can use eggs)

I usually have a protein powder but these vary in carbs, it can be huge amounts. I use nectar which has no carbs.

Hope this helps x

I find own brands are.lower. I plug it into mfp on training days. Aim to stay under 70 which it will be if your having packs

Asda meat free burger is 3.2g carbs. Id have one of those with loads of veggies

Did some research for you, here what I came up with

Quorn spicy bites , 3g carbs , 9.8g protein (per little bag or cold "chicken"
Quorn sausage , 3.2 carbs, 5.1g protein
Quorn chicken bits (PER 1/4 PACK) - 5.1g carb 12.3g protein

Asda meat free
Chicken peices (100g) 3.4g carb, 28.3g protein
Lincolnshire sausage 3.5 g carb, 11g protein

For me I want the highest protein with the lowest carbs - hence the "own brands" come up trumps!!

Hope this is some help :)

Nothing to add about the exercise I'm afraid but good to know the own brands come up so low!

Back