High/Low Point Diet?

alyrose

Hello,

I remember seeing ages ago that there was a diet (can't remember the name!) where on some days of the week you would eat more points and others less.

What was this diet called? And has anyone tried it, what kind of results did you get?

I know the one you mean but cant remember what it was called but it was in conjunction with the old points sytem. Not sure if it would work with the new pro points system.

Thanks! I use the old system so that's fine :)

Is that a bit like the 5:2 Diet? X

Wendy plan I think you may mean
Ignore me I need to read posts first lol

UKSerena -

Here's a website with lots of info on it: Weight Watchers Information

Instead of having the same number of points each day, it varies. Some days you'll have low points, some high and some in the middle :)

UKSerena -

Here's a website with lots of info on it: Weight Watchers Information

Instead of having the same number of points each day, it varies. Some days you'll have low points, some high and some in the middle :)

Just had a quick read, it seems to make a lot of sense, I've always been interested that top athletes have a Cheat Treat Meal to trick their bodies. X

I'm on the vintage points too and have I've tried the wendy plan before with great results. I think the fact that you vary the amount of points you have mixes things up a bit and makes your body work a bit harder shifting the pounds. I also used to like it because I'd time the high point days for days out etc. Might have another go at it actually when I get back into the swing of things. Currently I'm only just managing to stay under my allowance!

I'm on the vintage points too and have I've tried the wendy plan before with great results. I think the fact that you vary the amount of points you have mixes things up a bit and makes your body work a bit harder shifting the pounds. I also used to like it because I'd time the high point days for days out etc. Might have another go at it actually when I get back into the swing of things. Currently I'm only just managing to stay under my allowance!

Do u prefer Vintage to PP? X

I'm vintage all the way. I initially got quite excited when I heard they were changing the programme, and I tried it a couple of times but just didn't get on with it. I kept comparing the new propoints with the old values and the extras just gave me permission to binge which is my biggest problem anyway. More than anything though, I wasn't really losing. On the old points I lost at least a pound a week up to 3, on the new pp I hardly lost anything. I can't put in all the hard work without seeing results.

I know it works for people and that's absolutely brilliant, but it wasn't for me. Going back to discover was like putting my old comfy slippers on :). It felt right, I know all the info and I can do it.

Gosh, bit of a ramble on there!

I'm vintage all the way. I initially got quite excited when I heard they were changing the programme, and I tried it a couple of times but just didn't get on with it. I kept comparing the new propoints with the old values and the extras just gave me permission to binge which is my biggest problem anyway. More than anything though, I wasn't really losing. On the old points I lost at least a pound a week up to 3, on the new pp I hardly lost anything. I can't put in all the hard work without seeing results.

I know it works for people and that's absolutely brilliant, but it wasn't for me. Going back to discover was like putting my old comfy slippers on :). It felt right, I know all the info and I can do it.

Gosh, bit of a ramble on there!

I hear of so many more people doing vintage these days, I'm veggie so the 0pp fruit and veg of PP really suits me! Hope u carry in having as much success with Vintage. X

I can see how it would work well for a veggie. I just love my carbs and meat. I'm really pleased it's going well for you hun that's fab, we all have to find what's best for us x

I can see how it would work well for a veggie. I just love my carbs and meat. I'm really pleased it's going well for you hun that's fab, we all have to find what's best for us x

Carbs are very high on PP, it's crazy to think a regular Pasta Serving uses a third of my Dailies!

That's what I remember it being I live off spuds and pasta.

Back