HiHi! I'm Back Again :)

Hello :D

I'm Laura.
Back again, 3rd time lucky they say!
But I really DO mean it this time.
Where did it all go wrong?
I was doing so well to, back in March I weighed 273 lbs - I was on Xenical and in a few days, I was about to go for my monthly weigh-in....

BUT

Clumsy-niss strikes and I break my elbow which just made me down in the dumps. I was off work for 6 weeks, and came off the plan. It was a grim period in my life - it was my right elbow too and I couldnt do anything. So of course I resorted to going back to my old eating habbits.

I've since thrown out my scales and I have definatley put on weight, how much, I will find out tonight when i buy new ones, but today, is the begining of me getting to my 1st long term goal of 200 lbs.

I'm not going back on Xenical. Just healthy eating and exercise. I CAN do this!
My downfall at the moment is alcohol - I love coming in from work and having a glass of wine, which normally leads to 3/4 of a bottle. And breakfasts. There is a lovely burger van outside my work and I would normally go for the sausage in a bun or an egg sandwich. Tut Tut.

SO I know there are a few things I am going to have to do which I don't want to, but I am now more determined than ever, so I've swaped the alcohol for water and the sausage in a bun for a bowl of Special K.

I'm excited!!
Bring on the scales tonight =]

Last edited:
Hello. Hope the scales arnt to nasty. Alcohol was my vice as well.

Morning!
Well the scales told me 289 lbs. That's 1 stone I've put on since April.
It could be worse, but this is the heaviest I've ever been, so now even more determined to shift it.
And I survived last night without a glass of wine. Long may this continue :D

Like you say it could of been a lot worse, and now you have a start point and can build from here, good luck.

Morning!
Well the scales told me 289 lbs. That's 1 stone I've put on since April.
It could be worse, but this is the heaviest I've ever been, so now even more determined to shift it.
And I survived last night without a glass of wine. Long may this continue :D

You can do it. It is just a matter of getting your head in gear and taking it day by day.

You could get some of the 250ml bottles of wine when they are on offer. That's what my sister does. No excuse then of it's open so I may as well finish it which is what happens with a large bottle.

YAY I lost 6 lbs this week.
I am super happy and even more pleased with myself for not having alcohol in 7 days. Not even craving a beer or glass of wine.
Yet :D
But overall, this week has been great and long may it continue.
I can do this guys : )

Back