Hills v Royal Canin kitten food

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by joannef, 23 December 2007 Social URL.

1. joannef

joannef Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Wow. Didn't know there was also a pet board on this forum!

I recently got a BSH kitten and am getting a second BSH kitten in a few weeks time.

I had a cat since I was about 19 (I'm 30 now) which I fed on Hills for as long as I can remember as he wouldn't eat cheaper tinned food, he would only lick the gravy off! On Hills he looked really well, not fat, but he looked healthy and had a lovely shiny ginger coat.

I was going to feed my kittens Hills but the person I got my kitten from said it wasn't recommended at all and that Royal Canin is far better.

So basically I am wondering what other people's views are on Hills versus Royal Canin. On the plus side, Hills is very convenient as it is sold in Pets At Home and has quite a few flavours and is often on buy 2 get 1 free offer. I actually think Hills is very good value for money. The Pets At Home near me also sells Royal Canin but only seems to be one flavour.

Sorry for the long post but any views would be appreciated.

Last edited: 23 December 2007
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Ello!!!

I just got my first kitten ever, well a few months ago!... she was born May 1st... She has had all vaccinations etc and every time I have taken her to the vet he has reccomended Hills... so that's what she has... she seems well on it, and on an odd occassion we give her the wet sachets of it, but the majority of the time we stick to the dry balls... I think its 3for2 at PAH at the moment... 12.99 for a big bag.

4. joannef

joannef Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Thanks. I bought a little trial bag to see if she would eat it and she seems to love it!

The Royal Canin that she has is also dry food but PAH only had one bag(!) when I went there and although it sounds selfish, I don't want to have hassle getting a bag when I need one. I never had a problem getting hold of Hills when my old cat was on Hills and I think it's really good value for money. I think a lot of people get put off it as they think a bag is expensive but when they have 3 for 2 offers the bags last quite a few months.

5. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    I could never get a cat to eat either make. They are commoners and prefer cheaper food thank god!
    it's good to get them onto that food though because if they get any problems in later life then they might have to go onto a special diet by those makers.

6. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    My cat gets what she's given! If she don't eat it, she starves!! (or I could always offer her a LL shake lol :rolleyes:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.