Extra Easy Hit a brick wall-snacking!!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Tanyalina, 7 April 2014.

1. Tanyalina

Tanyalina Well-Known Member

So I've been doing well but past few nights it's getting to me that I'm wanting to pick and eat loads :( I'm trying my best to pick low syn or syn free things when I feel like I can't stop. Any advice or just some motivation will do
  2. pippalata

pippalata Well-Known Member

I always make extra dinner so I can go back for a second bowl when I want something else...which is every night!
    Tanyalina likes this.
  3. Tanyalina

Good thinking but would some not be wasted if you weren't hungry x
  4. pippalata

Have it for lunch the next day or freeze for an easy dinner one night.

I also make frittata full of superfree and keep that in the fridge to snack on over a few days :)
  5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Well-Known Member

What sort of thing do you fancy when you pick? is it worth having a low syn tin? or saving syns for the evening when you fancy a snack.
    Tanyalina likes this.
  6. I find that the thing to stop me snacking is not starting. If that makes sense - well it does to me! Once I have a snack I want some more. My aim is to have my meals and no snacks at all. Doesn't always work out, of course!
    Tanyalina likes this.
  7. pippalata

I'm the same. I got a bag of fun size chocolates when I first started SW for when I fancied a treat. I are the lot within about 3 days :eek: haven't for them since!!
  8. Rach1986

Rach1986 Active Member

I find snacking a a problem when I'm not doing anything or just watching telly. I try and go and do something to distract me, even just reading a book. Either That it I really take my time over whatever treat I choose. I will such malteasers to make them last! Helps me loads!!
    Don't beat yourself up about it though, as long as your sticking to your syns it shouldn't hurt

Tanyalina likes this.
  9. Tanyalina

I think it was just one day tbh! I had been out the night before and was really struggling in not caving and having a pizza!! But I did well in not caving in, I did go over my syns but with a bit of malt loaf, a bit of fruit loaf, a mini pepperami, and a chocolate shape dessert I think I did well not to go a hell of a lot worse!! Back on track no with no syns so far today so tonight can use them to have a bit of a binge on mini treats! :)
  10. MagicBeans23

MagicBeans23 Well-Known Member

I find I go through phases. I'm really good for a few days & then cave for a couple, but the thought of weigh in always puts me back on track, or if I STS. Someone suggested to me having carrot sticks etc at the ready for snacking etc but sometimes only sweet things will suffice. I try not to syn or syn much during the day, then if I need a bite of chic or a biscuit when I'm home later, I've got some flexibility.