Hit a plateau!! Help :(

Maireadikins

Loving MiniMins :)
Last 2 weeks I've stayed the same! I am on plan and exercising 3/4 times a week what can I do? Other than success express xx

Firstly I'd say to make sure you haven't let things slip,
are you weighing/measuring healthy extras or guessing?
Are you checking syns before you eat or going from memory?
Is every meal truly 1/3 superfree?

If yes to all those I would up the superfree and maybe focus on eating more speed and superspeed foods.

Hope this helps!

I've been a regular gym goer since April. I tend to not have above 10 syns a day and I don't use my healthy extras every day and when I do it's for 2slice of nimble and some laughing cow. I struggle with the amount of super free we should be eating because all though I love veg I don't like fruit so maybe going to have to force myself to eat it for a wee experiment this week :( I've lost 2 and half stone in about 14weeks I just wonder is this it slowing down x

I've been a regular gym goer since April. I tend to not have above 10 syns a day and I don't use my healthy extras every day and when I do it's for 2slice of nimble and some laughing cow. I struggle with the amount of super free we should be eating because all though I love veg I don't like fruit so maybe going to have to force myself to eat it for a wee experiment this week :( I've lost 2 and half stone in about 14weeks I just wonder is this it slowing down x

There's your problem, well possibly a couple of them. If I don't have my healthy extra's and at least 10 syns a day I don't loose. You need them especially when you're active. It doesn't really matter if its fruit or veg as long as you eat plenty and get your 1/3rd superfree

yep looks like you've idenitfied your problems yourself,

is it all fruit and veg you don't like? why do you not always have your healthy extras?

if superfree is a problem for you try red and green days where although its always recommended its not essential.

Make sure you're eating enough for you bodies needs if you're exercising

Good luck xx

kerryathome said:
yep looks like you've idenitfied your problems yourself,

is it all fruit and veg you don't like? why do you not always have your healthy extras?

if superfree is a problem for you try red and green days where although its always recommended its not essential.

Make sure you're eating enough for you bodies needs if you're exercising

Good luck xx

No I eat tons of veg! I Just not fruit really. Sw leader told us that the new pack we get at Xmas comes away from red and green so I don't really want to get into it now :/ I don't always use then because I don't believe in eating for the sake of eating lol. X

New pack at christmas??? i hadn't heard of this before!

As to your original question - you've lost a lot of weight over quite a short period of time, so maybe your losses will slow down a bit anyway, as you have less to lose! When I did SW a few years ago, the weight dropped off (but my start weight was 3 stone more than i am now!). I got down to my weight and then hit a plateau - which i've hit this time again incidentally! I spoke with my consultant last night, and i'm doing a food diary for her this week so she can check that all is well - and it really does focus your mind a bit and remind you of what you're doing - so maybe try to do a diary for a week and if you're not happy with your loss, ask your Consultant to take a look. Are you drinking enough water?

I would certainly be making an effort to eat your healthy extras - i couldn't survive without mine! lol xxxxx

I've seen something about new packs too....

I've hit a plateau after losing 2 and a half stone....I think it's because that was the 'easy' bit to lose - does that make sense?
I think it's going to take more hard work with weighing/measuring/HE's etc now as I have less excess (although still plenty!) to get rid of.

You get the new packs if you go those few weeks after Christmas, at least that's the impression I've got. I've also been told that although the main book focuses just on EE, there's another book that has green, red and se in, so they're not stepping away from those plans. I think that makes sense as people struggle to understand green and red from reading the book at times. So to have a separate book that just focuses on them is a good idea. Also a lot of members who haven't done slimming world before find it a lot easier to get their head around ee before moving on to red and green. I know I did and my friend has done the same, she's only just starting to play about with green days

Lighterlisa said:
What do u have for breakfast if its not fruit or cereal/milk (healthy extras)? X

I do use them! I just said I don't always use them everyday I do 10hour shifts so don't have typical breakfasts cause I could be in work 5 hours before ifs breakfast time :( lol x

fs22 said:
I've seen something about new packs too....

I've hit a plateau after losing 2 and a half stone....I think it's because that was the 'easy' bit to lose - does that make sense?
I think it's going to take more hard work with weighing/measuring/HE's etc now as I have less excess (although still plenty!) to get rid of.

We best get stuck into the hard work then! 2 and half more stone for me to go :( xx

donna88 said:
You get the new packs if you go those few weeks after Christmas, at least that's the impression I've got. I've also been told that although the main book focuses just on EE, there's another book that has green, red and se in, so they're not stepping away from those plans. I think that makes sense as people struggle to understand green and red from reading the book at times. So to have a separate book that just focuses on them is a good idea. Also a lot of members who haven't done slimming world before find it a lot easier to get their head around ee before moving on to red and green. I know I did and my friend has done the same, she's only just starting to play about with green days

Do you do red and green? Are they more effective than ee? No1 in my group does anything but EE :/ x

Do you do red and green? Are they more effective than ee? No1 in my group does anything but EE :/ x

I do all 3 plans depending on my mood. I don't find one makes me loose more then the others though, I think they all work great. The reason I sometimes do red and green is because I like having the extra healthy extra's. My consultant only does green. Most people in my group just do ee, but there are a couple like me who do either a mixture of green and ee or a mixture of all 3

Hey hun

It sounds like you need a little shake up and change some foods around.
last time I did sw I tried having different superfree food everyday and mixing up my healthy extras too, I'm for a different one each day.
i stuck to 5-10 syns a day and again mixed them up.

Made some super speed soup and looked up the super speed foods too and aimed to have them a few times a week.

Youve already lost a really good amount of weight so your body may have just slowed down now xxx

Back