Hitting the wall!

Raspberry

Properly settled in to trying to lose weight since Thursday. It's been going well, I've lost 2lb so far and have found it quite easy but today I just want to eat! Have a headache, feel tired and just hungry! Know it's just in my head and need to power through but my willpower is being put to the test lol. How do you guys beat off the cravings?

You can do it, set aside some low cal snacks to help you through like turkey slices. Organisation is key when your having a hungrey day. Also drink water it helps fill you up. Keep going it will pass :)

Thanks, I don't think it helps that I'm dieting with my partner who isn't hungry at all! Although she's a lot skinnier than me so I think my stomach may be rebelling more lol
This is probably a stupid question, but is fruit good for snacks through the day? I know they're high in natural sugars and not sure how that fits in to weight loss :)

Welcome back my lovely :)

I usually eat fruit when I'm hungry. As long as you're not having like 10 a day or something, it's not that bad. Think the sugar is fine for weight loss, I've never had any problems with it anyway.

If I'm hungry and I've had food it's usually not that I'm actually hungry but feel like eating, if that makes sense? So I try and distract myself - read a book, paint my nails, tidy up, have a bath, browse on here or ebay or something, anything to distract me! Usually if I do that for 10-15 minutes, I don't feel like I need to eat anymore. Drinking water helps too, I drink that little that my body seems to get mixed up with hunger and thirst signals lol So I try drink a glass of water and that'll help too. Though I say all this, sometimes I do none of those things and end up eating when I shouldn't anyway lol

aha yeah, i'm definitely missing just eating! although nowhere near as much as usual which is a nice surprise. i definitely dont drink enough but i have a bit of a thing about tap water (i know it's stupid) so i'm gonna try buy some cheap bottled water to keep in the fridge and force myself to drink. bleurgh!

That's a good idea Babana, I used to always have chewing gum on the go but I hardly ever buy it now. I'll have to buy some!

Oh yeah, gum! I forgot about that lol

I'm exactly the same with tap water, how have we never worked this out before?! So I buy bottled water, still not that great at drinking enough though. Would you drink it if it had been through a brita filter thing?

I really don't know, we've had many an opportunity to figure it out! I probably would use a brita filter, it's just getting hold of one. I think Aldi do like 4 2l bottles for £1 so thats at least affordable for me to trick my brain into thinking it's special!

I've seen them really cheap somewhere, trying to think where though!

Properly settled in to trying to lose weight since Thursday. It's been going well, I've lost 2lb so far and have found it quite easy but today I just want to eat! Have a headache, feel tired and just hungry! Know it's just in my head and need to power through but my willpower is being put to the test lol. How do you guys beat off the cravings?

Hi Raspberry,
I felt exactly this last night. It was soooo hard. If I was honest I knew I wasn't really hungry but I so wanted to eat. And eat, and eat! To put me off I watched embarrassing bodies on catch up then supersize vs superskinny...I was still 'hungry', even the deconstruction of cheese just made me think mmmmm cheese. Oh dear! So I had a few grapes and couple of glasses of water then went to bed. I'm so glad a didn't give in, I'd feel poo today.
I've waffled...Good luck! x

I'm glad it's not just me (although I wouldnt wish the cravings on anyone lol) I managed through the evening, I had a bit of yoghurt but take that as a win as it would have been bread or crisps usually! X

Huge win! Well done.

I posted before I'd finished! I had been feeling smug because this is week 5 and I thought I'd gone past wanting to eat for the sake of eating...apparently not! :D x

Back