Hiya - a newbie to the forum !

Sweatpea

Hi Everyone, I decided to bite the bullet and join the group, I've been reading the posts for the last 5 weeks and loving the information, tips, encouragement that has been posted. I've been doing the VLCD for nearly 5 weeks and so far lost 22lbs but really starting to battle now and thought its about time I join the group as I need the inspiration you guys seem to give each other. Looking forward to hearing from you xxx

Sweatpea said:
Hi Everyone, I decided to bite the bullet and join the group, I've been reading the posts for the last 5 weeks and loving the information, tips, encouragement that has been posted. I've been doing the VLCD for nearly 5 weeks and so far lost 22lbs but really starting to battle now and thought its about time I join the group as I need the inspiration you guys seem to give each other. Looking forward to hearing from you xxx

Welcome! 5 weeks and 22 lbs! That is fabulous!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thank you Biggusburdus ! Loved the first 4 weeks but done nothing but want to cheat this week .... starting to really struggle. Ended up today having 3 pringle crisps .... just couldn't resist, hence why today I have decided to bite the bullet and join. Dreading the next few days with all the kids chocs in the house, temptation EVERYWHERE ! x

Sweatpea said:
Thank you Biggusburdus ! Loved the first 4 weeks but done nothing but want to cheat this week .... starting to really struggle. Ended up today having 3 pringle crisps .... just couldn't resist, hence why today I have decided to bite the bullet and join. Dreading the next few days with all the kids chocs in the house, temptation EVERYWHERE ! x

I am on week 3 Saturday weigh in then start week four.
Have you thought about why you cheated? Was it boredom, stress or rebellion or other reasons?
It's good to analyse this kind of stuff while doing this kind of diet, to see what your big and small triggers are.

If you look on here you will see everyone's ups and downs and also some of their triggers as well.

Someone said to put a mood board together with favourite quotes and reasons and pics of why you are doing this. Then take a photo and put it on your phone?
List your reasons of why you are doing this and the reason you don't want to sabotage etc.

I put on mine that I do not want to go through pre ketosis again as it was not fun.
Also the cost of the months supply I am not wanting to let that money go to waste?

Don't see it as stress, see it as strength building? Try put a positive spin on things?

Good luck with the Easter fun at your house!

Someone also said, anything open that's tempting put washing up liquid?

Thanks Biggusburdus, I love the idea of a mood board and something I'm definitely going to do. I think today was pure rebellion - I've been 100% and been in several social situations and chosen to be good and drink my water, but this cheat has been building. I've been tempted every day this week, starting to go through the cupboards, looking at the kids treats thinking .... nobody would know (and nobody would really care, except for me !) But something just snapped today and I put one pringle in my mouth, then another, then another ! Then stopped to suddenly think ..... what am I doing ! Wish I could put washing up liquid in everything :) , good advice, think I might just do that if something is really tempting me. I do have a goal, we are on holiday at the end of May and I really want to lose 2 more stones before then, just keep thinking to myself Lanzarote, Lanzarote ! Thanks again for your advice, very much appreciated :D

Hi hun im on week 6 & found from week 5 i started to struggle. I hope you manage to get back to 100% so you can keep seeing those great losses. You could have 3st (42lb) for your holidays xx

Thanks no1mum23 ... reading through the posts tonight are making me very determined to get back to 100% .. I want to honk tomorrow and 3 stone, wow, something to really push for ! We are pretty similar looking at your stats, how are you finding it ? xx

Welcome and well done on your loss so far!! Im on week 8 now and couldnt of come this far without this site, these lovely ladies and my diary!! Good luck on your journey xx

Welcome sweatpea,

Wow 22lb well done chick :)

I find sticking strictly to the packs really helps me, and don't add the extra's in as that can really trigger me- one shoe dont fit all but that really helps me to stay on track even when ive been eyeing up the cats leg and having delusions its a lamb shank when shes in the cleaning leg position lolol

Catdog xx

catdog said:
Welcome sweatpea,

Wow 22lb well done chick :)

I find sticking strictly to the packs really helps me, and don't add the extra's in as that can really trigger me- one shoe dont fit all but that really helps me to stay on track even when ive been eyeing up the cats leg and having delusions its a lamb shank when shes in the cleaning leg position lolol

Catdog xx

LoL thats a brilliant mental image! Poor cat!

LoL thats a brilliant mental image! Poor cat!

Hehe just to add at this present time, all of her body parts are in tact :eek:

Catdog xx

Sweatpea said:

Welcome and very well done on your loss so far :) x

Thanks very much guysfor making me feel so welcome ! I love the image Catdog - has got me giggling, lol !! :D I inititally started on packs of just shakes and soups but added in the food packs this week and really do think its most probably triggered something in me. But had a good day today, with an afternoon at the circus. Whilst they scoffed popcorn, I sipped my water and felt so good for it. :)

Thank you Katiebaby - wow your loss is amazing !

Thanks sweatpea :) its taken time but if I can do it anyone can :)

Thanks very much guysfor making me feel so welcome ! I love the image Catdog - has got me giggling, lol !! :D I inititally started on packs of just shakes and soups but added in the food packs this week and really do think its most probably triggered something in me. But had a good day today, with an afternoon at the circus. Whilst they scoffed popcorn, I sipped my water and felt so good for it. :)

Really well done chick :), im off to the pictures tomorrow- ive stayed away so far as that alway signalled end of diet for me particularly nachos cheese and big pmax :eek: big trigger for me but i cant hide away in the house forever dammit and have to learn new ways. Keep going, you are doing great.

Catdog xx

Back