Hiya Everyone, here to start losing weight with help :-)

DaisyDaisy7

Hiya everyone,

I've just joined today. I really want to start losing weight, I'm too heavy and not really happy with it, so I joined this site to meet others on the weigh loss journey :cool:

I've recently turned 27, and I weigh around 17st 9lb and I wear a size 20 :sigh: I would really like to weigh around 5 stone less than now - so target weight would be around 12st 9lb.

At the beginning of 2011 I weighed around 19st 11lb and got down to 16st 4lb - but over Christmas 2011 my diet stopped and I've seiled back up again, and been this weight for a while now.

I got an exercise bike today (given to me free, whoop), and just now before starting this thread I cycled for nearly 30 mins and burnt 250 calories, so I think it will really help me out. My biggest downfall is overeating, especially of an evening I seriously over do it and I need to break this really bad habit.

I'm 27 now, I don't want to be overweight in my 30's - so I've got 3 years to put it right! I'm ready for the challenge :D

So, any advice or tips? Thanks everyone.

Hi. What diet plan are you following?

Also if you want to get some weight off then you need to address your eating habits. You know that yourself as you already acknowledged it, so it's no big surprise to you I'm sure. Eating a lot during the evening is dangerous as that's the time that all those carbs, fats, sugars and other nasties get into your system, you dont burn them off, then go to bed with a tummy full and your body turns them all into fat.

Please dont think me rude when I say this, but I am abrupt and don't beat about he bush: whatever is going on in your life, the answer is not in the fridge. Food is a means to survive, not something we should use for comfort or other. This is a trap many of us fall into as we are taught as children that we use food as a means to celebrate, reward, comfort and generally appease ourselves when we are bored. This leads to the bad habits we then take with us into adult hood when we can suddenly access all these foods without having to ask mum for permission. You need to address these issues in order to successfully loose weight and keep it off. Once you master that bit the rest should follow and you should see a great change in your life.

I've personally found a total food replacement was what I needed to take away the stress of having to pick healthy foods and risk slipping up by eating the wrong things. It's working for me as I know exactly what I am and am not allowed and as long as I stick to my shakes I know I'm doing everything right. It's also made me able to take a step backwards and look at my life before and see where I was going wrong. I'm hoping that after a few weeks of this (it takes 3 weeks to break a habit) that I will be able to break my cycle of late night binge eating and pick healthier meals and eat at a more suitable time in the evening rather than an hour before bed time.

I'm hoping this gives you some of the advice you are looking for and encourages you to look at your patterns and make the right choices and as such be successful in your journey. Whatever plan you are following, everyone here has the same goals as you and as such we will give you our support as much a s possible.

Back