Hiya im new on here :)

kirstyxox

Heyy im kirsty :) Im starting my diet today, going shopping later, Im not doing any plan just my own little meals really. Anything i should stock up on? Is it better to plan your food diary for the week? Ive always yoyo dieted so this time i am actually going to do it :)

Hi Kirsty,

Welcome to the board :)

It's great that you've made the decision to start a healthy way of eating, that's always the hardest step.

Regarding what to stock up on my tips would be:

Plenty of fruit and vegetables (fresh or frozen)
Lean meat like chicken, steak and fish.
Low fat or natural yoghurts; handy if you fancy a snack at home
Honey - great for putting on fruit, adding to natural yoghurt or using on cereal/in tea instead of sugar
Nuts - great as a snack and good source of protein
Wholewheat pastas and rice - lower and not as stodgy as white pasta/rice
A 75cl bottle of water - I find it easier to get my 2 litres a day by splitting it into smaller quantities so 2 of these bottles=2 litres of water.

If you've got any other questions though just post away.

Heyy :) Thanks, Im determined this time! I am deffo going to do it! The water bottle idea is really good so i will get some later :D, What about muller light yoghurts? are they any good?

I used Muiller Light youhurts when I did Slimming World some years ago and apart from the toffee ones they were free food. I'd imagine they are fine and low in fat, but might be worth reading the side of the pot just to check.

I'm determined this time too - I have yoyoed for the past 5 years and I was just getting bigger and more self conscious and uncomfortable so I'm doing my own plan now with my OH. The support on here has been fabulous though, it's a wealth of information and support.

Good luck with your jourmey - it be great to keep chatting to you so we can support each other.

Hi, are you following a plan? I don't plan my food for the week, as I'm low carbing, so I just make sure the things I have in the house are not high in carbs. I used to plan meticuously in the past, but found I was thinking about it all of the time, and just ended up yo yo dieting. I'm just now accepting that what I am doing is not a diet, it's a new long term way of eating. Good luck with whatever you choose to do

I used Muiller Light youhurts when I did Slimming World some years ago and apart from the toffee ones they were free food. I'd imagine they are fine and low in fat, but might be worth reading the side of the pot just to check.

I'm determined this time too - I have yoyoed for the past 5 years and I was just getting bigger and more self conscious and uncomfortable so I'm doing my own plan now with my OH. The support on here has been fabulous though, it's a wealth of information and support.

Good luck with your jourmey - it be great to keep chatting to you so we can support each other.

Yea deffo we can keep chatting, keep motivating :D I will check it says 0.5 saturated fat. Im sort of doing my own thing.. Im eating weight watcher meals with veg but doing my own thing really and just drinking loads of water!

Hey i just joined today also and i am starting my new plan tomorrow! Going to be calorie counting aiming for max 1,200 cals daily. I need to go food shopping and when dieting usually stock up on plain chicken breasts which i can freeze, prawns and tinned fish such as tuna and salmon. With these basic proteins i make stirfrys etc. Soup is another key in my intake, so low cal and so filling and quick to make!

I find it so easy when i plan ahead and then i cannot go off track. Allow for celebrations ie. bdays and planned meals etc and work your days round the times when you have to eat bigger meals etc.

Good luck :) xx

I tend not to meal plan merticulously, I'm never going to be that organised lol :D I usually have an idea in my head of the sorts of things I want to eat that week, but usually make it up as I go along. The main thing I'm working on at the moment is no carbs after 6pm (on instruction from the trainer at the gym), drinking 2 litres of water a day, reduce portion size and have my bigger meal at lunch not dinner.

Definitely allow for celebration days though as Starkissedx said and have the occasional day off - me and my OH love our local Indian restaurant so we'll go once or twice a month but I just changed what I ate, so I switched from pilau to boiled rice and my treat was a Tikka or Korma dish.

Ooh hello :D

Just thought I'd pop by as.. I am REstarting.. but surely that still counts, right?

Hmm, been a bit rubbish lately but am super up for it now.

Things I find to be fab -

1) Steamer! OMG why have I only just found out this thing exists?? (As a naughty student, I especially love my silicone microwavable steamer :p)
2) Fish! Shockingly, they don't all taste the same :p...(or like chicken o_O)
3) When using said steamer... don't have lots of ONE veg. I like to take a pinch of a load of things out of the fridge and steam them all up - current faves are, mushrooms/spinach/runner beans/peppers/cauliflower - Make a rainbow :D
4) Porridge is totally your friend :D
5) Chop up some fresh fruit with a kiddys fromage frais :) (kids yogs don't have the same cr*p as adult ones :p)
6) Same for juice, I <3 fruit juice drinks but they're packed with sugar - I think I'm on my own with this one but in the baby aisle you can get the watered down fruit juices, lot less sugar?

Hm, now to persuade myself to go to the gym!

Love the idea of fruit with children's yoghurts :D that'll work well for me actually as I'm funny with yoghurts and don't like them with bits in them so the kids ones will be ideal, thanks for that tip.

Porridge is not a friend of a low carber :D

Ooh hello :D

Just thought I'd pop by as.. I am REstarting.. but surely that still counts, right?

Hmm, been a bit rubbish lately but am super up for it now.

Things I find to be fab -

1) Steamer! OMG why have I only just found out this thing exists?? (As a naughty student, I especially love my silicone microwavable steamer :p)
2) Fish! Shockingly, they don't all taste the same :p...(or like chicken o_O)
3) When using said steamer... don't have lots of ONE veg. I like to take a pinch of a load of things out of the fridge and steam them all up - current faves are, mushrooms/spinach/runner beans/peppers/cauliflower - Make a rainbow :D
4) Porridge is totally your friend :D
5) Chop up some fresh fruit with a kiddys fromage frais :) (kids yogs don't have the same cr*p as adult ones :p)
6) Same for juice, I <3 fruit juice drinks but they're packed with sugar - I think I'm on my own with this one but in the baby aisle you can get the watered down fruit juices, lot less sugar?

Hm, now to persuade myself to go to the gym!

Porridge is not a friend of a low carber :D

Rephrase :D

Porridge is MY friend :D

No hunger for me :) am quite hearting fruit and kiddy yoghurt at the moment too :p

I guess it could balance out, no? :p How low is low carb eh?

I've always wondered cos, really...I've only ever done 'low cal' or 'vlcd' :D

hiya, joined here yesterday, its a great forum!

i started low carbing 2 weeks ago, have lost 6 1/2 lb, not finding it a chore, tasty meals, experimenting with breakfast and packed lunch ideas, and flaxseed flour is my friend! :)

Back