Hiya Newbie :)

NumptyMum

Hi everyone will be starting SS tomorrow. Had a shock today at the consultants when she weighed me and I am now at my heaviest! Both excited and scared as well but my challenge to myself is to stay on SS for a minimum of 12 weeks. Wish me luck x

Hi everyone will be starting SS tomorrow. Had a shock today at the consultants when she weighed me and I am now at my heaviest! Both excited and scared as well but my challenge to myself is to stay on SS for a minimum of 12 weeks. Wish me luck x
good luck and enjoy the journey!!!

Good luck, I have my first meeting with my CDC tomorrow and starting on Thursday. Keep posting to let us know how its going. We can do this!! :) x

Hi there and welcome :)

Hope day 1 is ok for you today, there is lots of support & motivation on these pages so read lots & post lots, it certainly helps keep us on track x

Thank you everyone x
Day 1 so far is going ok just a bit tired and feel a headache coming on. I've just had my first shake of the day the chocolate tetra which was lovely and not too sweet. At the moment resisting major temptations at the shopping centre so gonna finish off everything and get home quick

Thank you everyone x
Day 1 so far is going ok just a bit tired and feel a headache coming on. I've just had my first shake of the day the chocolate tetra which was lovely and not too sweet. At the moment resisting major temptations at the shopping centre so gonna finish off everything and get home quick ?

The tetras are super convenient, I like them all. Great choice !

Keep topped up with water, it should help with the headache x x

The tetras are super convenient, I like them all. Great choice !

Keep topped up with water, it should help with the headache x x

The tetra's are gonna be a life saver for me I think. Will try the strawberry one tomorrow. Had to take nurofen for the headache and felt a bit achy too but it will hopefully pass in a few days time. So today I have the chocolate tetra (yum), mango shake (was ok) and porridge (funny texture but taste ok). Also had one green tea, black coffee with sweetner and 3 litres of water. I think I might buy the smoothie 2 go tomorrow to make life easier as its a pain cleaning out the big blender :D. Going to crawl into bed and hope i don't keep waking up to go to the loo because I've had my last half litre of water late x

The tetra's are gonna be a life saver for me I think. Will try the strawberry one tomorrow. Had to take nurofen for the headache and felt a bit achy too but it will hopefully pass in a few days time. So today I have the chocolate tetra (yum), mango shake (was ok) and porridge (funny texture but taste ok). Also had one green tea, black coffee with sweetner and 3 litres of water. I think I might buy the smoothie 2 go tomorrow to make life easier as its a pain cleaning out the big blender :D. Going to crawl into bed and hope i don't keep waking up to go to the loo because I've had my last half litre of water late x

The best thing I have is now a active blend £24.99, nice & compact and you drink straight from the cup, hard to explain but fab.

Pleased you enjoyed what you had, I've not tried the Mango one. Here's to another good day tomorrow :)

Hi Numptymum. I started on Monday so been on it a week now. Really need the motivation to stay on it as i live with my partner who has hollow legs and can eat anything and not put on weight! Think this is a great site but i need constant motivation : ( hopefully i will get past it as i see lots of people with great results. I was meant to start a while ago but never stuck to it and think if i did i would be closer to my goal. Anyway at least I'm on it now right?!

Hey Kettyk my hubby is the same, no matter how much he eats he doesn't put on a lot of weight and if he wants to lose a few pounds he loses them so quick by just cycling to work instead of using his car and not even changing what he eats! I just completed my 5th day and I am finding it mentally hard but I am looking at the pic. I'm not sure how much you have to lose but I have over 8 stones to lose and I really don't want another summer like the one I have had hiding behind uncomfortable clothes, sweating bucket loads, not having any energy to play with the children or get into the pool with them not being able to get into nice maxi dresses and chaffing my thighs (you get the pic lol).
Think of all the bad things about you size now and what you can't enjoy (I don't have much of a love life right now because I wont let hubby near me) and write them down and the write down why you want to lose weight and keep reading those at weak moments. I also go window shopping which motivates me as I want to be able to walk into any high street shop and get a normal size. Minimins also helps, reading everyones successes motivates me alot. Your first weigh in will motivate you too x

Numptymum thank you for writing back. I would like to lose around 6 or 7 stone. I know what you mean.
Your support of writing back really helps as its nice to know that there is someone else out there going through the same thing every minute of the day that you are.
Boyfriend is already trying to tempt me into having a bite of something but i feel good by saying no! I know he loves me but i just want to do this for me. (suffered a loss at the beginning of the year) and i haven't been able to shift the weight left from that really.
Joining gym and starting to go walking with a friend but i have heard on the first couple of weeks you can't do anything too heavy.
Just one step at a time : ) xx

I also suffered a loss in March, my mum passed away from cancer and the months before that were something that I could never forget, the constant worry about my mum and also my baby daughter who had been ill in december but was still having issues with her weight drove me to seek comfort in food which resulted me being even more depressed about my weight.
It feels like a big mountain at the moment losing weight but I'm taking small positives from my journey. Its day 14 for me (weigh in day yayyy) and already my joint pain has disappeared which was one of the things that drove me to take a break from slimming world and join cambridge. My body hasn't changed yet buts its only my second week and I know if I complete my 12 weeks there will be a change (even if its not a big one).
I find walking brilliant because it helps distract me and on the weekends when I don't tend to go out I struggle x

Sorry to hear you lost your mum, I lost mine 4 years ago and it's just bloody awful at times.

Good luck for your weigh in x x x x x

Numpymum my thoughts are with you. It's strange when you look back on the hard times and think how did i ever get through that but you do. You are stronger than you think xx
Day 14....well how did it go?? I'm on day 6 and stuck 100% so i am hoping Monday weigh in will be good : ) Been on this morning at 7am on a power walk.....think i might go for snooze now lol.
Andgelupnorth how are you getting on? Sorry to hear about your mum too xxx

Back