Hmm Coke Zero opinions please

mossyfern

I have been treating myself to a can a day but it has risen to two cans a day. I have noticed that I am craving food more than I should be 6 days into Total. Surely ketosis should have kicked in? It certainly feels like it.
I just wondered. Does drinking this stuff affect your weight loss in your opinion and do you think it sets up "sugar" cravings (which for me are like a black hole of hunger)
Thanks for reading this, and hope y'all are as excited as me as to our journey forward...

alot of people on here say that drinking it helps them through the day but I personally didn't touch the stuff until I was completely of the diet, I do find it helps me get through the day now mind. If I were you I would cut out the coke zero for the time being and see how you go, 6 days in and you should be adjusting to life without the nice stuff lol. I think that if you need bits like this so early on in the diet that you are perhaps setting yourself up for a fall because you are craving other things as a result. I say start today without the coke and replace it with extra water or coffee and see how you go....

Good Luck.

I personally if i have any coke zero have it at night as my "treat" i have only 1 can tho

alot of people on here say that drinking it helps them through the day but I personally didn't touch the stuff until I was completely of the diet, I do find it helps me get through the day now mind. If I were you I would cut out the coke zero for the time being and see how you go, 6 days in and you should be adjusting to life without the nice stuff lol. I think that if you need bits like this so early on in the diet that you are perhaps setting yourself up for a fall because you are craving other things as a result. I say start today without the coke and replace it with extra water or coffee and see how you go....

Good Luck.

Great advice. Just what I needed to hear. Thankyou!!!

haven't had any for a few days, don't really miss it or feel it's a necessity to have.

When I first started, I found that it made me hungry so I didn't ever have much. Now I have it almost daily, and it doesn't affect my losses.

I was testing whether Coke Zero would knock me out of ketosis. I did it by having a can and then doing regular ketone sticks for several hours after. It did knock me out of ketosis and I was very upset that all my hard work was ruined by it. I will not drink it now and am trying instead to get used to living without it. Start now as you mean to go on would be my advice.

I was testing whether Coke Zero would knock me out of ketosis. I did it by having a can and then doing regular ketone sticks for several hours after. It did knock me out of ketosis and I was very upset that all my hard work was ruined by it. I will not drink it now and am trying instead to get used to living without it. Start now as you mean to go on would be my advice.

Gosh ... Interesting. And I now know which is the way forward. It's not with coke zero.. Thank you so much

Any drink that has aspartame in it is bad for you as far as I am concerned. It's a poison.........look it up on the internet. There is plenty to say about it, there is nothing natural about any of these diet drinks and they fool your body into thinking it has had it's sugar fix.

Drink water. That's what your body needs and you get used to not having these expensive drinks. If you want 'fizz' have sparkling water.

From my past experience (and I am a serious coca-cola-aholic) its not a good idea to have it. I found it made me crave sweet things and fizzy is known to make you retain water, which we really dont want.

I have sparkling water with some flavouring in, as I found it was the bubbles I was craving, not really the flavour!

I don't touch the stuff as it would be a slippery slope for me all the way back to 'fat' coke!!! I just keep telling myself that I didn't drink, or even like, the stuff before the diet and it's not going to do me any good. To be honest after a few days I stopped missing fizzy drinks and am quite content with just water (I don't drink tea or coffee).

Sarah x

I love Coke Zero , it was always a drink I would have pre diet, however I have lasted without it so far - 5 weeks on TS, I now drink plenty of sparkling water, as I felt that if I excluded it totally like everything else I wouldn't have any cravings, which I can say I haven't had. I use sparkling water as it refreshing even when its not cold.

Good luck and keep at it.

Back