ho hum week 7 - approx 40l of water

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Dancing, 23 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Tomorrow is the end of week 7 for me and it has been a bit of a flat week. (obviously should have been drinking more sparkling water)

I should be thrilled that I'm half way through the 100 days but I just feel blah. This would be a time I would normally cheer myself up with some scrummy food .... I don't want to eat and am not really tempted but I feel a wee bit bored by it all I guess and I'm not getting the weight losses to motivate me that I had the first 4 weigh ins. .... I know, I know, I'm on track for an above average weight loss but when I think I only have 8 or 9 weeks to go until Christmas and look at the last weekswhere I've lost 3lbs rather than my anticipated 5lb average (and I think it is another 3lbs this week unless something spooky happens with my body overnight) I just wonder if I will get to my target by then (not my end goal but I had in mind I'd lose 5 stone by christmas - now i'm not so sure).

And while I was motivated by losing inches up until now, I don't seem to be losing it from my boobs and my hips as quickly as other places and so I still can't drop down another dress size - there are some clothes in my current size that still don't fit, even, let alone dropping another.

Feeling sorry for myself for some reason today. Anyone got a good joke to cheer me up?

Hopefully I feel better next week.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Chin up Hun...you have done brilliantly 3lb a week is great. Don't get down, our bodies do strange to us at times..look how much you have lost so far. nearly 2 1/2 stone in 7 weeks that brill in anyones books.
    Have a look at the Oooops thread in the cambridge forum by Mrs V, that should put a smile on your face.

4. Opeyx

Opeyx Full Member

Start Weight:
    230lb
    Current Weight:
    161lb
    Goal Weight:
    185lb
    Lost(%):
    69lb(30%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    any loss is a good loss, things change from week to week looking at your weight loss pattern suggests it will b e a big number again this week, your doing very well keep up all the good work look in the miror it is worth it x

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hedgemag - you did it .... i took a look at the OOOps thread and burst out laughing in the office. Thanks that is just what I needed. Will go finish reading it now

Hedgemag likes this.
  6. Hedgemag

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Glad I put a smile on your face....some of these threads are priceless!!

Dancing likes this.
  7. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    If I remember right, our whole foundation group had the miseries around week 7 or 8, it was weird, we all had lousy weight losses, and were all cheesed off. By the following week we had all shrugged it off, and we all made it to the end of foundation a lot lighter than we started.

Dancing likes this.
  8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks iceycold .... bizarre if it is a regular thing to experience at this time of the 100 days. Looking forward to next week

9. Hedgemag

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hope your feeling better now Dancing..

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

well I certainly perked up when I read the recommended thread but I still have an overall air of gloom about me. Hearing that others have experienced something similar does help and I know it will pass.

Thanks for the support.

iceycold likes this.
  11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

have realised that I am frustrated and just waiting to get below the magic 17 stone mark. Since day one that has been my first major goal as it will mean I have lost all that I put on in the last year (having lost three stone the beginning of last year I then put it all back on the beginning of this year). It was only once I got below 17 stone that I would start to feel I was really making some progress ..... and the scales are teasing me and just not going below them.

I weigh myself every day and the scales just hover around the magic number. My scales always correspond with what the LL ones say at my weigh in so I know that I still won't be below 17 stone when I am weighed tomorrow evening.

However, next week I surely have to be below that mark unless I have a really bad loss week. So I'll just have to be patient for one more week - then I can celebrate being 16 stone something.

Just needed to write it all down here and feel better for having done so.

12. Daisydee

Daisydee FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY!!!

Hi Dancin

Just adding some support for you and a joke as you requested!:giggle:

A young man called Peter invited his mother for dinner, during the course of
    the meal, his mother couldn't help but notice how handsome Peter's flatmate,
    Simon was.

She had long been suspicious of a relationship between the two, and this
    only made her more curious.

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started
    to wonder if there was more between Peter and his flatmate than met the eye.

Reading his mum's thoughts, Peter volunteered, "I know what you must be
    thinking, but I assure you, Simon & I are just flatmates".

About a week later, Simon came to Peter saying, "Ever since your mother came
    to dinner, I've been unable to find the frying pan, you don't suppose
    she took it do you?" "Well I doubt it, but I'll e-mail her just to be sure"
    said Peter.

So he sat down and wrote:

DEAR MOTHER,
    I'M NOT SAYING THAT YOU "DID" TAKE THE FRYING PAN FROM MY HOUSE, I'M NOT
    SAYING THAT YOU "DID NOT" TAKE THE FRYING PAN BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT IT
    HAS BEEN MISSING EVER SINCE YOU WERE HERE FOR DINNER.

LOVE PETER

Several days later, Peter received an email from his mother which read:

DEAR SON,

I'M NOT SAYING THAT YOU "DO" SLEEP WITH SIMON, AND I'M NOT SAYING THAT YOU
    DO NOT" SLEEP WITH SIMON, BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT IF HE WAS SLEEPING IN
    HIS OWN BED, HE WOULD HAVE FOUND THE F*****G FRYING PAN BY NOW.

LOVE MUM

Lesson of the day :-
    NEVER LIE TO YOUR MOTHER

There are plenty more that I can find so you only have to ask if you need cheering up!!

Daisydee xx:party0011:

Dancing likes this.
  13. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thank for that DaisyDee, and just remember Dancing, with LL and only 500 calories a day the scales have just GOT to go down. Takes the body a while to catch up to the inevitable sometimes though.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.