Hola, Bonjour and Hello

mattywarr

Hello folks,

I'm Matt, 26 years old and wanted to come somewhere to share my experiences and offer my own advice at the same as finally reaching my goal weight.

At the age of 22 I visited Alton Towers Theme Park and was deemed as being too large for the restraint to ride the Air ride. As a rollercoaster fanatic on a trip with my friends I felt embarrassed and ashamed as to how I'd managed to get myself so large. At the age of 17 I was a healthy BMI and healthy weight. But from when i started to drive and drink, My weight rocketed to the dizzying height of 21st 13lbs.

I joined Weight Watchers and lost a little under 4 stones. I stopped attending, gained another stone. I decided to try again by myself and lost another 3 stone and was down to my lowest weight for years (15st 2lbs) when my now ex girlfriend broke my heart and I gained 2 stone back. Now, at 16st 2lbs (At last check, I'll be confirming this in the morning) I want to finish my journey, and with no friends who understand what its like to want/need to lose weight, I hope I've found somewhere I can share this with and spur me on to finish it.

Along with a generally low calorie diet, I also exercise a lot now. I am on week 8 of the Couch to 5k Running plan and am running 28 minutes 3 times a week, running for just over 3 miles. I play badminton for an hour twice a week and soccer for an hour once a week.

I hope this will help me achieve my goal.

Anyway, thats my story, look forward to interacting with you all over the coming weeks and losing weight together.

Matt

welcome to the forum :D

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum mate, good luck.

Back