Holiday advice

KazzaB

Hey y'all!

I am new to this forum. I am on Cambridge weight plan and would love to join you guys as diet buddies! :eek:
I lost 3 stone in the last year on sw and am now in week 3 of ss, have lost 15.5 pounds so far, weigh in number 3 this Thursday!
I am going on all inclusive holiday in May, I have been looking forward to this holiday for 6 months, and plan to eat sensibly while away. I realise I will put weight on and accept that, but can anyone give me advice about how not to put too much on?! I don't want to ruin all my good work!
Or has anyone been away and eaten and what was your return weigh in like?
Also should I go up to the 810 plan the week before I go to introduce food again?
Sorry for the long post. I really appreciate any advice!

Hi honey - congrats on the fab weight loss so far :)

I went to Menorca after i had lost about 3 stone on Cambridge a couple of years ago. My holiday was self catering, so a little easier than all inclusive, but i was naughty and had some bad food while i was away, i came back and hadn't put anything on. My advise would be whatever you have, have small amounts, eat fruit and veg and lots and lots of water!

Thank you xSinead for your advice. Can I ask did you reintroduce food before your holiday or did you go straight from Sole Source? Xx

i went straight from sole sourse, i went on holiday expecting to put on 2 or 3lb as i knew i'd be indulging in a few things, but i kept up my water intake and made sure i had fresh fruit & veg too!

:);)Thank you! I have heard so many horror stories about huge weight gains on holiday. I'll stick to sensible and enjoy my holiday! :):):):):):bighug:

I would definitely go up a plan. I did 15 weeks SS last year just before Christmas and when I came off for Christmas Day etc I found it very hard to eat/digest food properly. I had the most horrendous stomach pains...

Yes I totally agree with Annie stick to proteins and avoid all carbs, you will even stay in ketosis as well.

I just back from a holiday that I was really scared to go on!

I have always been on 810, so I had the meal option on holiday, but German food is so fattening, loads of sauces and creamy dishes!

Since I started CD I have been on soups and shakes, for the holiday I tried the tetras and bars. They were really helpful and lightweight to carry around with me all day.

I stuck to chicken and green salad (and I had to go to Greek restaurants to do that and the hotel of course!).

I think you will find it much easier on 810, I was 100% and when I arrived on Monday I went for a weigh in, I had only lost 2.5lbs, but I was happy!

Wow, losing weight on holiday is an achievement! Well done you for staying so motivated. I have good intentions to stick to chicken, veg, protein etc, just how much will power for no alcohol on holiday I have no idea!! Haha :):eek:

Back