Holiday and Refeed

becca86xx

Hi,

I started this diet 3 weeks ago to loose as much as weight as possible for my holiday on 6th June. I have lost 10lb in 3 weeks and i am very happy with this. If i contuine this diet right up till my holiday and dont refeed will i put lots of weight of back on. I am going for 2 weeks and i dont mind putting weight on as i started this diet so i could enjoy this holiday and i dont intend to diet during my holiday, just wondered if refeeding a week before i go could stop me putting so much on. Has anyone else gone on holiday without refeeding and if so how much did you gain? And was it a noticeable gain as if its mostly water weight its not fat. Hope that makes sense. Because im going for 2 weeks dont want to be putting noticeable weight on in the 2nd week. Just deciding what to do for the best.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Rebecca x

I hope you get an answer off someone in the know, as I am very interested in this, my holiday is 2nd June and been wondering what to do! x

If you are going on an all inclusive holiday ths is good news, you can pick and chose low carb foods and still eat well. In the week before you go I'd definitely reintroduce foods, but you know all about carbs and things so you need to be looking at lean meats and plenty of veg. You will have an initial gain of a few pounds partly from the fact that food weighs for than liquid shakes. Once you are comfortable with your new way of eating you will continue to lose weight so long as you stay away from the carbs.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

When I have a break from the diet I just take a break and know that I will gain all of the water I lost when I went into ketosis. So whatever you lost in your first week will be pretty much what you gain in the first week of your break simply because it's water gained as your glycogen stores refill. Anything in addition to this will be holiday excess pretty much ;). The good news is that if you intend to return to the diet you should lose all of that water again when you go back into ketosis. You could start refeeding beforehand but I've never bothered for a short break to be honest as I always intended to get back on track afterwards anyway. I've just accepted the water gain, had my break, and then lost it again afterwards. When I get to goal I will refeed really slowly, taking weeks over it to ensure that I don't regain any weight and reach a point where my weight is stable.

It takes a excess of 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat but on a free for all holiday that's not that difficult to achieve so it might be worth doing a rough tot up of how much you are consuming each day using something like My Fitness Pal just to keep the calories in view, not to spoil your holiday. After my 2 weeks break for Xmas and New Year I did feel fatter and my clothes were tighter (I put on 10lbs) so even if most of it is water weight you may notice it. The good news was that I lost all of that and more in 9 days after I started back proving that it wasn't all fat.

Not really sure that I've helped much but if I was in your shoes then personally I'd keep on track until the day of my holiday to ensure that I lost as much as I possibly could for the holiday. Refeeding takes a while and isn't really something I'd want to consider doing if I'd only be on the diet for 3 weeks but it's certainly an option you could consider.

Yes i am planning to come back on S&S to loose the holiday weight and maybe a bit more. Thats very helpful, thank you. I will stick to this diet up until i go away for maximum weight loss. Only 4 1/2 more weeks yay!!

Thanks again x

Just be carefull when you eating and if your boozing.... I put 7lb on in one day off Sunday lol.... It was all booze water but it still felt horrid....

Perosnally I would re-feed.... If you were only away a week then maybe leave it but with it being 2 I'd re-feed!!!

: )X

Back