Holiday booked - I WILL to look forward to 12 bikini wearing days of luxury

Val72

Hi

I started back on the SW diet yesterday, the day after I paid my deposit for my holiday - me, the hubby and 2 kids. We are going on our 1st cruise from Sydney going to Fiji, Vanuatu, and New Caledonia, 12 days of sun, sea and fun, with a baby sitting service so me and the OH can go out boogying the night away while the kids sleep! - perfect!!! - Well nearly! Yesterday was a public holiday for the queens birthday ( everyone gets it in australia, unlike the UK where it is only the civil servants that get it - that always makes me chuckle, but the UK got an extra day this year for the jubilee - Australia didnt. Anyway bank holiday mondays are great for me as I only work on Mondays, so I get paid for it even though I get the week off - Yippie!) Sorry, babbling - back to the point. As we had booked this holiday, we decided to take the kids swimming so they would stay confident throough the winter ( the pool in our town is open air and only open in the summer months and the kids tend to 'forget' their swimming strokes through the winter) So we took them to the next town which has a massive indoor complex with a wavepool, a whirlpool and some squirty water thingys. Anyhow, I agreed to take them swimming and then it dawned on me that I didnt have a swimming outfit that fit me - my old one was too small. I spent a good hour hunting around, on the point of tears trying to find something decent to wear in the pool. Finally found something, my really old cossie, that I could just squeeze my boobs into - luckily no-one knows me in the next town so I could get away with it, however I still spent the next 2 hours trying to think of ways I could get out of not actually taking the kids swimming - although I knew they would not let me get out of it and nor would the OH.

The point of all my ramblings is that we are going on this fantastic holiday and I am really looking forward to it, but it is going to be totally ruined if I spend the entire 12 days being self-consious about how awful I look in whatever I am wearing, simply because I did not get my finger out and do something about it! So the future starts here!!

The good news is that the holiday is booked for September 2013 - which means I have over a year to pay for it and to slim for it - very do-able!!!

Yesterday I weighed in at 11st 8lbs - I have 2 1/2stone to lose and to keep off. I know I lose weight very slowly, but I could lose 1lb per week and with a few events like birthdays and christmas in the way, I can still get there.

Unfortunately there are no slimming world classes in Aus so I will be doing it on my own, am a member of SW online, and this thread, so any helpfull hints and support from this forum will be greatly appreciated.I think I might have a look and join up with some teams on minimins too - for extra support.

Thanks for reading xxx

So far so good, well a little blip with some garlic bread yesterday - I allowed for just 1 piece, but faced with the reality of the whole ciabatta sat in front of me, well lets just say it won!! I am not going to duell on it, as overall my 1st couple of days have been to plan, and 1 slip up does not undo a diet.

Today both kids have been off school with high temps - must be some bug, but atleast they get it over and done with together. The down side of it means that I could not get to the gym today, infact have not be able to get anywhere. Once OH got home from work I nipped out to the shop to stock up on some fruit and veg and I made a huge pan of chicken and veg soup - and I have had 3 bowls of it already. I think it is because I used thighs on the bone to make it (skinned obviously). the only syns in it are in the litre of vegatable stock, around 5 syns, 1 syn per meal, plus 6 syns on the bread and some aldi popcorn, am up to 9.5 syns for the day. I will top off the day with fruit and yogurt.

I think the kids will be off school again tomorrow, so I will have to try and squeeze in a dvd somehow - might have to rely on Dora to do a bit of babysitting, while I jump around in the dining room - must remember to close the blinds lol!!!

Hello and good luck with your weight loss. I too have a holiday booked to Orlando Fl in October. This is probably one of the last times I will get to go and after visiting there 8 times I do not own one family hoilday snap ! I am determined that this time it will be different and that I will enjoy every minute of it. I am determined to go back for the very last time the same weight I was when I went the first time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I can try anyway.

Hi Shelley - Thanks for stopping by and good luck with your weight loss too - those peskey cameras really do focus the mind dont they!! And you are right - youve got to give it a try.

How is Portsmouth these days - I used to live in Havant before we moved to oz and I still think that area is the best place in the UK!

Take care

Val xx

Good luck with the weight loss. I always forget to close the blinds when i'm on my wii, i'm surprised none of my neighbours have mentioned my frantic, random moves....i just hope none of them have walked past when i've lost my trousers (i do it a lot on the wii, the jumping makes the fall and i can't hold them up cos i need to keep the wii remote moving haha), especially cos my back is to the window so i don't know if anyone is walking past or not haha.

After 10 days on sw I got a bit disillusioned.

Actually that is not true.

After not losing any weight due to not doing the diet right (well not doing it at all really), bizzarely I have not lost any weight.

I have come to a decision I am going to switch diets. I am going to do the biggest loser diet - basically a meal replacement diet based around 1200 cals per day, mainly because I think I need a bit more rigidity than I am getting with the slimming world diet - also I am trying not to have anything with aspartamine in it and that is very hard with sw - particularly on the FF yogurt and low cal drinks. Am going to do this for 6 weeks and then re-assess. Have not decided if I will continue this thread or find the right part of the forum for my particular diet - will have a think about that one.

Back