Holiday gain = mortified

I've spent two glorious weeks in Italy, but today is weigh in and I'm mortified to see on my scales that I've gained about 6lb, it's pmt week for me too so I normally retain water anyway but really how embarrassing is this going to be to get on the scales. I'm on the verge of chickening out, but as I've got my birthday, daughters birthday and wedding anniversary on Mon/Tue/Wed next week I'm thinking I'm best getting it over with today and booking next week off to give me an extra week to get rid of this lard. :(

Don't be embarassed you gained on holiday - we ALL do it so nobody at class will think anything of it. Summer hols only come once a year and you've got to enjoy yourself after all! I would advise you go to class even if you have those events coming up. If you don't go this week, you'll be tempted not to go next week if you have another gain on your scales. Then you may be tempted to stop going altogether - I've been there and it is indeed a slippery slope. There's a saying that goes 'when you have a good week, your class needs you - when you have a bad one, you need the class'. I think it's very true. There is absolutely no shame in a gain. The only problem arises when you feel you've been 100% and gain. But you know exactly why and tbh 6lbs for a fortnight is a pretty typical holiday gain and not unusual at all.

Edit: Sorry, reread your post - you're tempted to go today but not next week. Defo go today but I would suggest you go next week too. It'll really help you to focus more if you know you're going back to class. Good luck with what you decide,

Have to agree with what was said above, go to class and face the scales, go next week as well if you have two gains in a row because you've had special events on then there is no shame in that, we all have those weeks where we have things on. Enjoy the Birthdays you have coming up and don't worry about the scales, as long as your 100% on the other days and back on plan for a 100% week after it is not the end of the world

By the way my C told me something interesting. She said that C's get more 'brownie points' from head office for members who have shown up to class with a gain as this shows they feel comfortable with enough with the C/group to face up to it when things aren't going well. This made me feel a lot better when I attended class with a big gain lol!

Aww glad you went to class I gained 4lb in a week on my hols it came off really quickly if you try and be as100% as you can after birthdays

Thanks for your responses, I did go and it was as bad as I feared 6lb on. I think my trouble is i worry too much about what other people will think and at the end of the day they don't really care do they. This is a just a blip and I need to move on and not dwell on it cause I had a great holiday and will get back on track.

Well done for facing the scales! To be honest, I dont think 6lbs gain in two weeks is too bad!. I had that on holiday in a week, but lost 4lbs the following week, my biggest loss ever. Think the large gain kick started my metabolism or something. You have to enjoy your holiday, and you know how to get it off again. :) :)

I went straight back to class after 2 weeks all inclusive and was mortified to put on 1 stone 5 and half pounds! Did have a cooked breakfast every day but salad for lunch and sensible(ish) in the evening. Must have been the slushies oh yes and the vodka every night. Glad I went though cos lost 1 stone 4 in last 4 weeks. Only a pound and a half to go to get to my pre holiday weight!

I came home from hols on a sunday night and weighed in at SW that monday morning i had huge gain of 8 and a half pounds i was totally ok with it as it was worth it it was an amazing holiday i have lost 6 lbs of the gain in 2 weeks since i got back. Dont be embarrased abt holiday gains enjoy the hols you'll loose any gain when u get back xx

Yes, and I actually lose more as I said before after a large gain. Does anyone else find this? Be interested to know :)

Glad to hear you went to class, we all have done exactly the same, some even more than others LOL! but it is getting back on track that matters, so well done :)

Back