holiday help!

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
i'll try and keep this brief!

i'm going on holiday in 1st week of june for a week then when i come home i'm away for a hen wkend 4 days later! after the hen wkend i'm going away for 4 days all inclusive 2 weeks after the hen wkend. i've decided that for the first holiday as we are bed and breakfast i will stick to the cereal and eggs, try and keep healthy then just have an evening meal and maybe a small snack if i'm hungry during the day. for the hen wkend, we can take our own food so i'll stick to pre mixed meals that i can control and stay away from extra snacks. for the few days between the holiday and hen wkend i'll just follow a calorie restricted diet.

however, i'm not sure what to do for the 2 weeks between the hen do and my 4 days all inclusive. i'm not sure whether its worth starting SS during that period again because when i go away, i'll want a drink so will need to be out of ketosis a few days before ideally. but if i dont start back on SS for those two weeks, i'm worried the weight won't come off as quickly (especially anything i;ve put on on the first holiday!)

i'm not really sure what to do, either get back on SS for 2 weeks to shed some extra weight and have the last holiday as a break or just follow WW/calories for that period and restart after my 3rd and last holiday so that i'll use the whole of July to get slimmer for my friend's wedding in August! any advice would be great!

I'd try to get back on SS+ when you get back from your hols. It's not really going to do much harm (it probably will do you some good!) and you'll be able to see what your resolve is! Imagine what you can lose in two weeks?!

I think trying to get back into it after - how long will it be - nearly a month (is that right?) - will be very difficult indeed...

You've got a lot of things on - exciting!! lol

Lx

Atkins is also a ketogenic diet so I'd stick to that as much as you can whilst not on ss. Cut out the carbs & you should be fine

yes i see what u mean with weight loss in 2 weeks, i think that was my initial resolve to get back on it so then i would at least hopefully have lost the weight that i put on over the first two trips away! hopefully i'd have a similar result to when i first started on CD :) i think i was just concerned about gettting back into ketosis for just those 2 weeks and then going away again in July, plus with the drinking i was a bit nervous about how long to follow SS for before my July trip, shouldn't have booked so many things in a short space of time!! but yes leaving SS for a whole month will be very difficult when restarting!

as for atkins, i think that will be my main plan to stick to protein as much as possible when i'm away as that will help my loss, how I manage when on hols will remain to be seen tho!

Back