Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Holiday in Greece (and food)

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by hexe, 7 May 2011 Social URL.

1. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all

We have just booked to spend a week in Crete next month :family2:
    Now I am not intending following SW too religiously whilst on holiday, however I don't want to come home having piled on loads and loads. Yep, I am aware of syns in alcohol :cry:, but has anybody got some low syn eating out ideas when it comes to Greek food?
    Thanks
    Jill x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ela ine

Ela ine Likes to post, and eat.

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Feta and salad!

4. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Feta as a HEX? Sounds fine - love the stuff :)

5. Ela ine

Ela ine Likes to post, and eat.

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yeah - I love it too :) and don't tend to drink milk on holiday, so can have twice as much. Aha.

I've not long come back from an all inclusive holiday in Morocco... I started off on plan but after day three gave up and had three meals a day/one dessert and 2 drinks - still managed to lose a pound!

This is what I would avoid/what i planned to avoid :p

By good I mean the healthiER choices and by bad the hidden syns... Okay so there is probably subs in most - but you're on holiday!!

Breakfast:
    Good: fresh fruits, ham, cottage cheese, natural yogurt (blergh - grab the sweetener) poached eggs, omelette (although watch for oil!)

Bad: most of the stuff (aha) but especially bacon WITH all that fat! Juicy sausages and pastries!

Lunch:
    Good: salad, salad and more salad! Feta (aha) lean meats and fish/seafood

Bad: the thing I found the worse being all inclusive was steering away from the 'meals' at lunch time. Full portions of lasagne,and actual meals etc - wouldn't eat that much at home on a lunch time!

Dinner:
    Good: If I had a starter I would try to make it soup (minus bread), salad or fish.
    Cous cous/ stuffed peppers/veg and rice are usually all nice. Avoid creamy dishes!

Bad: creamy dishes! Over indulging on desserts because there is so much choice and bread you cut (and butter!) yourself.. Don't know whats wrong with me .. At home I avoid bread yet on holiday I was slicing bit chunks and spreading with butter (which is vile)

Anyway, this was just my experience (aha) hope you have a lovely time!

Body magic all the way!
    P.s soleros/calipos/twisters et al > magnums, feasts and ice creams :D

Xx

hexe likes this.
  6. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    In greece i found it fairly easy to eat healthy - lots of fish & salad on offer. Though they do seem to serve chips with everything !

7. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts x
    I guess it may be a bit easier in Greece (than it was in Germany at Easter - aahhhhr!), as a lot of meats and fish are indeed bbq'd. We have opted for self catering, so I hope there will be less temptation for me LOL.
    We are intending to do a fair bit of walking and sight seeing, I am not a beach or pool person, I get bored stiff after 30 minutes. But there are lovely pools at the hotel where I can swim my rounds. Will try to sport some of the extra cals off.
    Thank you xx
    Jill

8. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know what you mean about trying to eat healthily in Germany (esp in winter). I just despaired in the end. I wouldn't mind, but so many German people are so health conscious - it just isn't reflected in their meals out.

I think this hol will be a lot easier. Feta salad is delicious eaten in the sun, and is usually one of the cheapest things on the menu as well.

Hope you have a great time.

9. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Cheers :)
    We went to Zante in 2009 and I remember the salads well. Yummy. I am not usually fond of tomatoes, but there they were absolutely delicious.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.