Holiday in Greece (and food)

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by hexe, 7 May 2011 Social URL.

1. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all

We have just booked to spend a week in Crete next month :family2:
    Now I am not intending following SW too religiously whilst on holiday, however I don't want to come home having piled on loads and loads. Yep, I am aware of syns in alcohol :cry:, but has anybody got some low syn eating out ideas when it comes to Greek food?
    Thanks
    Jill x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ela ine

Ela ine Likes to post, and eat.

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Feta and salad!

4. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Feta as a HEX? Sounds fine - love the stuff :)

5. Ela ine

Ela ine Likes to post, and eat.

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yeah - I love it too :) and don't tend to drink milk on holiday, so can have twice as much. Aha.

I've not long come back from an all inclusive holiday in Morocco... I started off on plan but after day three gave up and had three meals a day/one dessert and 2 drinks - still managed to lose a pound!

This is what I would avoid/what i planned to avoid :p

By good I mean the healthiER choices and by bad the hidden syns... Okay so there is probably subs in most - but you're on holiday!!

Breakfast:
    Good: fresh fruits, ham, cottage cheese, natural yogurt (blergh - grab the sweetener) poached eggs, omelette (although watch for oil!)

Bad: most of the stuff (aha) but especially bacon WITH all that fat! Juicy sausages and pastries!

Lunch:
    Good: salad, salad and more salad! Feta (aha) lean meats and fish/seafood

Bad: the thing I found the worse being all inclusive was steering away from the 'meals' at lunch time. Full portions of lasagne,and actual meals etc - wouldn't eat that much at home on a lunch time!

Dinner:
    Good: If I had a starter I would try to make it soup (minus bread), salad or fish.
    Cous cous/ stuffed peppers/veg and rice are usually all nice. Avoid creamy dishes!

Bad: creamy dishes! Over indulging on desserts because there is so much choice and bread you cut (and butter!) yourself.. Don't know whats wrong with me .. At home I avoid bread yet on holiday I was slicing bit chunks and spreading with butter (which is vile)

Anyway, this was just my experience (aha) hope you have a lovely time!

Body magic all the way!
    P.s soleros/calipos/twisters et al > magnums, feasts and ice creams :D

Xx

hexe likes this.
  6. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    In greece i found it fairly easy to eat healthy - lots of fish & salad on offer. Though they do seem to serve chips with everything !

7. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts x
    I guess it may be a bit easier in Greece (than it was in Germany at Easter - aahhhhr!), as a lot of meats and fish are indeed bbq'd. We have opted for self catering, so I hope there will be less temptation for me LOL.
    We are intending to do a fair bit of walking and sight seeing, I am not a beach or pool person, I get bored stiff after 30 minutes. But there are lovely pools at the hotel where I can swim my rounds. Will try to sport some of the extra cals off.
    Thank you xx
    Jill

8. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know what you mean about trying to eat healthily in Germany (esp in winter). I just despaired in the end. I wouldn't mind, but so many German people are so health conscious - it just isn't reflected in their meals out.

I think this hol will be a lot easier. Feta salad is delicious eaten in the sun, and is usually one of the cheapest things on the menu as well.

Hope you have a great time.

9. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Cheers :)
    We went to Zante in 2009 and I remember the salads well. Yummy. I am not usually fond of tomatoes, but there they were absolutely delicious.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.