Holiday - to take or not to take

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Geordielass, 2 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Geordielass

Geordielass But you can call me Elise

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.75%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    I go on holiday a week on Friday - 2 weeks in Malta. I've been told that the local food is an interesting mixture of North African and Italian that is hearty and very tasty. I have every intention of sampling it, but the problem is if I take my xenical the side effects will probably be a BIG issue, but if I don't I'm liable to pile the weight back on. :sigh: I'm dithering about this. :confused:

It's my first holiday in 3 years and being honest, if I'm "leaking" so badly I can't go swimming I've lost a big chance to exercise, so I'm inclined to say sod it and leave it at home. Arghh, don't know what to do! :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I've taken my tabs when I was on holiday, but then I was in the UK, in a caravan and in total control of what I was eating ( seeing as I made all the meals :rolleyes::D), and I normally would recommend not stopping the tabs, however, you're not going to be in control of any of your food, you wont be cooking it etc, so in all honesty, I would stop the tablets. I don't think its worth it, stressing about food, about whether you'll have leakage. I say stop the tablets, enjoy your holiday, but make it firm in your mind that when you come home you get straight back onto plan :)
    x

4. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    ill second that... you wont enjoy your holiday if you have the stress of thinking... am i going to be able to go out long enough without the loo..
    try hard not to over eat.. keep in mind that you want to still lose weight, and make sure you get in some exercise...

and most of all have fun!

5. Redkoala

Redkoala Go on smile! =)

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.37%)
    Diet:
    Xencial, Gym & Healthy Eating!
    I would stop the tablets, but that doesn't give you a green card to go eat everything and anything. Eat 3 meals a day, drink water and diet drinks where you can. And do an hour in the pool each day :) and im sure you'll be fine. Enjoy your holiday!

6. Geordielass

Geordielass But you can call me Elise

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.75%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    Thanks, I'm going to take the advice and come off the tablets, I need the relaxation just as much as I need to lose the weight. I'm in hotels, so I think continental breakfast will be do-able for low-fat, for the rest of the day I'll just have to try my best - lots of tomatoey pasta dishes, perhaps?

7. Lizzie Long Legs

Lizzie Long Legs Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.76%)
    Diet:
    Xenical with Healthy Eating
    Oooooh Geordielass....let us know how you get on. I have just booked 1 week in Malta in August and am on the Xen now so I am not really hot and sticky in summer.

Let me know how the food is....am salvating already!!!

PS I will def come off mine for that week.....remember on my honey moon being terrified about being stopped at customs in Cyprus because I had some tab to postpone the monthly....I must have been so shifty looking at the declaration board that they stopped me to check.....won't fancy explaining blue xen pills to customs men lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.