Holiday v. Staycation

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Blingbabe, 30 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hello all

I thought it would be nice to chat about the cheery:) topic of holidays, and day trips.
    This might be my first year in a while that I haven't as yet had a holiday. Last year I went to Egypt and the Isle of Wight but so far no holidays (apart from weekend stays in New Forest -twice, and Walton-on-the Naze once). A friend up in Manchester initially wanted to do a long weekend in Venice but it now looks as if she will buy a place with her boyfriend, so Cal needs her savings. I tend to do a trip each year with a couple of friends at work but nothing has been set up yet (ah...poor me, lol!) Maybe Istanbul near Christmas?
    But I have enjoyed day trips, on Tuesday my best mate and I have booked leave and going to Sandringham for the day, then Brighton on Wednesday.
    What are folks planning - and is anybody also discovering/re-discovering relatively nearby attractions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    We're over in Legoland in a couple of days :D Then Chester Zoo

4. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    My inner 'Mystic Meg' told me to anticipate your response - hope you are all having a great time.

5. TrueBlueAngel

TrueBlueAngel I WILL be thin!!

Start Weight:
    10st11.7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    We've got our holiday to Kenya coming up in just over 6 weeks :D More locally, we're hoping to go to the local Dorset Steam Fair next weekend. We've never been before.

6. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Sounds good to me, I have never been to Africa other than a one day trip from Spain to Morocco, where I got a proposal from the tour guide!
    I used to have a boyfriend that was a railway and transport enthusiast (as well as working for a rail company as an electrical engineer) so we went to the Bluebell Railway in Sussex. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but I had a great time.
    Its just dawned on me that I read a newspaper article about burglaries taking place after people revealed their holiday plans on Facebook, so please don't feel obliged to identify when you are going away.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.