Holiday

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by BRUNTY, 23 March 2010 Social URL.

1. BRUNTY

BRUNTY Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    Hi All

I am on a long awaited holiday this week int he Peak district so lots of walking however i have not followed SW for the last 3 days and to be honest i feel that as i am n holiday i am ok to do this which i know is not right but i dont think i can get back on it this week....
    I hope to get back on track when i am home next week

How do you all cope with holidays, do you do the same and blow out or are you really really good?
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Scanbran

Scanbran Stupid Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    In between, I suppose.

I'm on holiday, so I'll relax the rules a little and maybe not be as strict as I should be, but I'll not go crazy either (hopefully).

For example, if a trip to the chippy is for tea, I won't sit by hungry, but might get a single fish, no chips, remove the batter and eat the fish, along with some pickles and maybe peas.

If eating in a hotel, I would try to make good choices while still picking something to eat I would enjoy.

What I would say is that the walking will definitely help, but I find my moments of weakness almost always come after drinking alcohol, and holidays are bad for that!

Good luck, and most importantly, enjoy your break!

4. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I climbed Scafel Pike last September and didnt stick to the plan for 3 days Hun, however if you are doing loads of walking and drinking plenty of water you should be ok...I managed to loose 2lbs that week, so there is hope for us yet!
    Just enjoy yourself and knuckle down when you get back.

xxx

5. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I personally do what scanbran does and probably relax it slightly (usually alcohol related) but not go daft. I always aim for a STS, accepting that a loss is unlikely but not wanting a gain either.

Have a nice time!

6. BRUNTY

BRUNTY Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    SW holiday

Hi
    Thanks for your messages of support
    I am putting this week down to a SW holiday and then back on track on Saturday when i get back to normality, each morning i wake up thinking fresh start but as i am away i just dont seem to be able to do it, maybe i need a break, thats my excuse anyway

I have been finding it a bit difficult lately with the motivation to stay off the bad things, i think i need to vary my food choices and drink water as i dont i just drink tea and coffee.

I have 3 stones to loose and are only loosing 1lb a week which isnt a lot when i am so big, i need a refocus and start again....
    x

7. Simmy1978

Simmy1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    bit of both i guess! i tend to eat as much free food as i can!! like when u go buffet style holiday resorts they all have things like boiled eggs, salads, veggies, boiled pasta but then i also treat myself to lots of other treats as well like a few chips, anything else i fancy!! oh and drink lots of water in between booze! i always stick to vodka and diert coke!! or white wine with diet lemonade if i am making the drinks!

8. Simmy1978

Simmy1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    hun there is nothing wrong with losing a pound a week thats 52 pounds in a year!!

9. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    A pound a week has been my average loss for the last 2 years, so I am proof that those little critters all add up!

Slow and steady rocks!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.