Holidaying on SW

Sia

How would you approach a holiday, having been working hard & successfully on Slimming World? Do you say- what the hell I'll get on track when I'm back, or allow your self more syns than usual while away, but have a limit in order to apply some constraint OR try to stick to plan as normal???

I am going away next Wednesday & not sure what to do!

Last edited:
Ok I am stuck whether to give you the answer I should or what I do ??? Ok honest answer...I go off plan completely coz I only holiday once or twice a year and I don't want to worry bout SW during it...last year i put on 4lb after my holiday but I had a great time and it came off again so in my opinion was worth it ;)

Honestly???? I went to NYC for a week in November and stuck to plan 100% and got up every morning at 5am and did an hour in the gym :) I came back and lost 5 lbs!!!!

Took alot of self control but personally in The US of all places I think if I went off plan even a little I would have gone CRAZY!! So hard to walk past the hotdog stands but 21syns?? Not a chance!

I came back from my holiday feeling fantastic with my slimmer clothes and feeling healthy & full of motivation :)

Do what ever Is right for you Hun and have a fantastic holiday x

Honestly???? I went to NYC for a week in November and stuck to plan 100% and got up every morning at 5am and did an hour in the gym :) I came back and lost 5 lbs!!!!

Took alot of self control but personally in The US of all places I think if I went off plan even a little I would have gone CRAZY!! So hard to walk past the hotdog stands but 21syns?? Not a chance!

I came back from my holiday feeling fantastic with my slimmer clothes and feeling healthy & full of motivation :)

Do what ever Is right for you Hun and have a fantastic holiday x

My God people like you are real...I thought they were a myth....mucho respect hun I just do not have that willpower at all :worthy::worthy:

I usually eat SW food & save my syns for alcohol.

But this time I've just been to India & it wasn't that easy. I gained 7lb in 3 wks which is a lot for me, the last few times I've gained 1-2lb.

Do whatever you feel happy doing, however, if you do chose to go off plan you have to be prepared for a reasonable gain.

i'm going on a 12 day cruise in october and i hope to have lost another 4 stone by then so i'm not sure what i will do till closer to the time i went on a 22 day cruise 2 years ago and gained over a stone in these 22 days food was available 24 hours a day and my was it good food lol however this time i know i will be using the gym every morning

*Theresa* said:
My God people like you are real...I thought they were a myth....mucho respect hun I just do not have that willpower at all :worthy::worthy:

It's true :) lol to be honest it was so so hard but my feeling of achievement was something I was very proud of. oh and the gasps from people at group that I lost 5 lbs on holiday.. I had a little evil muhahahahaha laugh in my head :)

I went away for Christmas and got a wonderful Christmas pressie when I came back- a whole 9 lb of blubber!! If i was to go again I would relax a little but NO WAY would I go completly off plan- it takes so little time to put there - but so bloody hard to get rid of!! ( 4-6 weeks)
Maybe give yourself a treat a day- or in my case I would save syns for a few drinkies!!
Whatever you decide the main thing is that you enjoy your hol!!!

It's an incredible boost when you come home after a holiday and have lost weight - it's amazing.

I have been on holiday twice whilst following SW (past following SW !) not this time.

Each time I came home and was lighter than when I went and I felt fantastic.

Christmas this time around on SW I decided that I was off plan for a whole week - I didn't go mad and gained 2.5lb's and have struggled since to get back on track properly.

I would personally say - don't go off plan completely, have a few treats but where possible stick to it and come home knowing that you've done OK'ish.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

I always try and stick to plan particularly for breakfast and lunch which gives a bit more leeway if you're out in the evenings. It's been easy for me though as we've been self catering in this country, I imagine it would be more tricky on a cruise or all-inclusive with lots of temptation. I also didn't particularly want to go off plan as I was doing so well and didn't fancy undoing weeks of work. Take some alpens or packets of pasta with you if you want to try and stay on track. Happy holidays!

I think i'll try to stick to plan & save my syns for alcohol, although i know its going to be hard i am thinking if i can stay focused and keep the good habits ive formed then i could loose, or sts but if i let myself go i rekon i could gain 5lbs which would be sad. My next goal is to loose my 10% by Easter & if i gained then it'll take so much longer to get there. I know it will be hard, but i have to give it a go!

Most important thing - is to have a fantastic time!!!

For me, going 'off plan' even for a little while was dangerous! I was at target until Christmas - then the 'treats' started to sneak in and now I am no longer at target and 12lbs heavier.....

We're all different!
Have a wonderful holiday!

I am on hols All Inclusive for a week so have been trying to choose SW food and use my syns for the alcohol. I went to Florida last year and came back with a loss - it was a great feeling.

I went to Florida a couple of years ago for 3 weeks. I spent 2 weeks in a villa, eating out most nights, 2 nights in Miami and a 5 night cruise.

I stuck to the plan for the 2 weeks in a villa, but treated myself to a week off plan when cruising/miami and when I got back I had lost 1lb!!

You have to do what's right for you.

I was thinking about holidaying recently ... Im also going to Florida and then a 3 day cruise ..... its going to be hard sticking with the plan as we are on the Disney Dining Plan as well but ive decided to try my hardest to stick to plan and have a lovely pudding at the end of my dinner as a treat ..... also i know i will still do some running while i am there as there is a lake in the middle of our resort with a running path so i will have a go while i am there !!!

Good luck xxxxx

Back