Holidays help - Florida

pixie-gem

Gold Member
Firstly, so sorry if is has been discussed, i did search but my ipad doesn't seem to want to play today and kept coming up no results :(

Does anyone have any tips for us please?
we are off on Thursday and i would really love to minimize any gains if possible.

Once again sorry if this has been answered and thank you for any help you can give xxx

pixie-gem said:
Firstly, so sorry if is has been discussed, i did search but my ipad doesn't seem to want to play today and kept coming up no results :(

Does anyone have any tips for us please?
we are off on Thursday and i would really love to minimize any gains if possible.

Once again sorry if this has been answered and thank you for any help you can give xxx

Luckily for you the customer is king in the states so most places will be very accommodating with requests.

Obv avoid anything deep fried. Ask for butter/sauces on the side. Ask for meats cooked with little or no oil. Jacket potato as a side... Lots of places have salad bars to help yourself so fill up on superfree.

That being said last time I went to Florida I wasn't on sw and ate Whatever I liked but actually lost weight with all the walking I did in the parks. Have a good holiday.

Luckily for you the customer is king in the states so most places will be very accommodating with requests.

Obv avoid anything deep fried. Ask for butter/sauces on the side. Ask for meats cooked with little or no oil. Jacket potato as a side... Lots of places have salad bars to help yourself so fill up on superfree.

That being said last time I went to Florida I wasn't on sw and ate Whatever I liked but actually lost weight with all the walking I did in the parks. Have a good holiday.

Thank u x

Or go to one of the buffet places, Golden Corale is $12.99 per person + drinks & there is load to chose from. I had 3 deserts the first night! Then made a promise to myself only to have one in future.

Happy Holidays said:
Or go to one of the buffet places, Golden Corale is $12.99 per person + drinks & there is load to chose from. I had 3 deserts the first night! Then made a promise to myself only to have one in future.

Mmmmm they do a gorgeous banana pudding.... If you get the voucher books from outside walmart you can usually get it for cheaper too.

Thanks ladies.

My thoughts are to try and have a really big breakfast (try and be healthy lol) so that, hopefully, that will keep us going through the day so we don't have to spend both syns and money in the parks, and then just go for a light dinner in the evening.
Also nearly everyday has something or other planned so i'm hoping all the walking will help a little.
I don't really expect to lose weight to be honest, i'll be thrilled with a sts!
I don't believe in being on a diet on holiday, i think it costs far too much money, and we don't get enough of them, to worry about every tiny thing that you want to eat...

I just hope that all i have learned in this last month will have stuck as i've only lost 7.5lbs since i started and i would be so gutted if i weighed more than i started at on my return!
I've read some people have put on over a stone while on a 2 week break,....so praying that doesn't happen.

Also i have a new pair of size 16 trousers which are getting a tiny tiny bit loose, and a pair of size 14 shorts that i can do up but are too tight for comfort, i'm planning on taking them so that i can gauge how i'm doing, if my trousers are getting a little tight then i know i need to reign in whatever i've been doing, and also if my shorts start to fit properly, that i can let up a teensy bit and have a little of what i fancy (if i haven't been already :p lol )

Thoughts? x

Honestly, my initial thoughts are it's a long time to wait from breakfast until 'light dinner' in the evening. Personally I'd have big breakfast & if you really don't want to eat lunch take some healthy snacks, eg fruit, boiled eggs, tomatoes.

We normally have breakfast & I always prepare lunch which we take with us & then eat out at in the evening.

Happy Holidays said:
Honestly, my initial thoughts are it's a long time to wait from breakfast until 'light dinner' in the evening. Personally I'd have big breakfast & if you really don't want to eat lunch take some healthy snacks, eg fruit, boiled eggs, tomatoes.

We normally have breakfast & I always prepare lunch which we take with us & then eat out at in the evening.

Mmmm also if your eating out then Americans don't know the meaning of light... I occasionally got kids meals that were still quite big!

I went last October and pretty much ate what I liked and managed to lose 2lb. You will do a lot of walking round the parks so don't worry about it! For breakfast we went to sizzler everyday, they do everything from cereal to cooked breakfasts and fruit (even ice cream if you can stomach it that early!!) so that is mainly sw friendly. Most restaurants do pasta dishes. One of the parks ( think it was Hollywood studios) has an Italian restaurant and do an amazing tomato pasta with vodka in it!! Yum!!! Have a fab time!!

Ive been 9 times at various different weights Im off again in6 weeks and desperate to lose a stone first. Im an eater and yet I still only put on 2.5 lbs last year and I am there for near on 3 weeks ! You'll be surprised how much the walking helps. I am at the gym 3/4 times a week at home yet I still wake up with sore calf muscles after a day at the parks. My advice is this : This is a holiday of a lifetime , enjoy yourself and dont over think it.Make sensible choices where possible and have a fabulous time you will love it.

Thanks guys for all your responses!
I am super excited, and really don't believe in dieting on holiday in general, but i also have that little monster in the back of my mind (maybe it's the giving up smoking monster and i'm transferring lol) worried that i'm gonna gain everything i've lost.

To be fair, i don't eat 3 meals a day now, which is why i thought about a big breakfast, and snacks if we want them, which i generally don't, hubby on the other hand may do so will take lots of snacky type stuff with us.
I have a couple of dinner shows booked, and hubby wants to go to Hard Rock Cafe in Universal, and i have a few vouchers for planet hollywood, and the rest of the time i was planning on buffet style places.
Everyone does keep saying their portions are massive though!

Roll on the walking i reckon, not that i'll have much choice by the sounds of it :p x

Hi Pixie -

Just wanted to pop by and tell you how jealous I am that you are off to sunny Florida!

It is possibly my favourite place.. we used to live down on the South West coast, but earlier this year I took my OH and we did all the parks and then spent a week lazing down at Cape Coral.

I am going back next April but it isn't soon enough! Have an amazing time. Lots of crab and salad with baked potatos, yum! :)

Spots xx

Hi Pixie -

Just wanted to pop by and tell you how jealous I am that you are off to sunny Florida!

It is possibly my favourite place.. we used to live down on the South West coast, but earlier this year I took my OH and we did all the parks and then spent a week lazing down at Cape Coral.

I am going back next April but it isn't soon enough! Have an amazing time. Lots of crab and salad with baked potatos, yum! :)

Spots xx

Aw bless you spots!

We are both super excited, we haven't even been yet and I'm already saving to hopefully go back in may but to St Pete's ... We may not even like it yet (although I highly doubt that!)

And hopefully we'll both be at target by then so lots of shopping :D xx

pixie-gem said:
Thanks guys for all your responses!
I am super excited, and really don't believe in dieting on holiday in general, but i also have that little monster in the back of my mind (maybe it's the giving up smoking monster and i'm transferring lol) worried that i'm gonna gain everything i've lost.

To be fair, i don't eat 3 meals a day now, which is why i thought about a big breakfast, and snacks if we want them, which i generally don't, hubby on the other hand may do so will take lots of snacky type stuff with us.
I have a couple of dinner shows booked, and hubby wants to go to Hard Rock Cafe in Universal, and i have a few vouchers for planet hollywood, and the rest of the time i was planning on buffet style places.
Everyone does keep saying their portions are massive though!

Roll on the walking i reckon, not that i'll have much choice by the sounds of it :p x

Hi pixie-gem I just wanted to say that I agree with everyone that things might go a little off on holiday but I also wanted to say that it sounds like you are really keen not to have a gain because you have been doing so well. Since SW is a plan for life rather than 'just' a diet, you are doing right trying to prepare and think about what you'll do. I think it can be too easy to think that since we are on holiday all the usual things go out the window. Going off plan is usually inevitable but well done you for planning. Keep your SW head on and make the best choices you can and use the same principles as you would at home where if you have a bad day, maybe rein it in the next. Also I haven't been but my friend says their portions were huge but most places we're happy for her and her hubby to share. Hope you have a fantastic time and are happy with the scales when you get home. :)

Forgetting the food for a while, yes you will want to go back again. We are always planning our next trip there it truely is amazing, the people, the parks, just everything.

And yes the potions are huge, we don't do it in England, but if you want to take your meal home with you ask for it 'to go' & they'll be more than happy to put it in a box for you.

Enjoy your holidays:D

Best holiday ever.... Be warned you will probably catch the Florida bug.... We booked to go again the week after we can back last time.

Brilliant weather, brilliant atmosphere, friendly people, gorgeous food, amazing!

So jealous, we can't go back till I qualify in 2014 can't afford the time off Uni :(

Hi pixie-gem I just wanted to say that I agree with everyone that things might go a little off on holiday but I also wanted to say that it sounds like you are really keen not to have a gain because you have been doing so well. Since SW is a plan for life rather than 'just' a diet, you are doing right trying to prepare and think about what you'll do. I think it can be too easy to think that since we are on holiday all the usual things go out the window. Going off plan is usually inevitable but well done you for planning. Keep your SW head on and make the best choices you can and use the same principles as you would at home where if you have a bad day, maybe rein it in the next. Also I haven't been but my friend says their portions were huge but most places we're happy for her and her hubby to share. Hope you have a fantastic time and are happy with the scales when you get home. :)

Thank you peacelily i really appreciate that! :) x

Also shopping..... Brilliant shopping. Hope you've got a lot of spends

Best holiday ever.... Be warned you will probably catch the Florida bug.... We booked to go again the week after we can back last time.

Brilliant weather, brilliant atmosphere, friendly people, gorgeous food, amazing!

So jealous, we can't go back till I qualify in 2014 can't afford the time off Uni :(

Forgetting the food for a while, yes you will want to go back again. We are always planning our next trip there it truely is amazing, the people, the parks, just everything.

And yes the potions are huge, we don't do it in England, but if you want to take your meal home with you ask for it 'to go' & they'll be more than happy to put it in a box for you.

Enjoy your holidays:D

I think we will too and i haven't got there yet! It was a bit of a last minute booking so won't have the spare money for lots of shopping this time, but i'm already planning for next years and i'm hoping to be at target then and have already informed hubby i WILL be buying me new wardrobe there :D x

Sooo excited!! Roll on Thursday, well Friday as not looking forward to the flight but very very excited :D

Back