Holliday weight gain - what was yours?

Becky7777

Ok so four weeks today I'm flying off to tunisia for two weeks all inclusive.

today I hit goal, and will spend the next four weeks continuing with trying to lose to get under target before holls.

anyway what was your holliday weight gain?

im going with a mind to completely enjoy myself on holl, but try and keep to some of the principles of sw such as having a third super free with each of my meals, hoping this will at least limit my portions of synned food, but still allowing myself to enjoy them.

now I'm prepared to have a gain when. Come back, just don't want it to be massive, so I'm curious what were your best and worst gains or even losses whilst on your hollibobs?

I had 3 weeks off last year and 2 of those were spent all inclusive. I ate and drank everything I could and put on a stonking 11lbs. I wouldn't recommend it but I enjoyed every minute!

Two weeks all inclusive for me would be about 5lb but I've seen people come back with a maintain or a pound gain.

I stick to some principles but its always the bread, breakfast pastries and cakes which get me!

last year i gaind 6lb in 2 weeks, lost 7 at WI after, sometimes you don't get a true gain after holidays.

Last year i gained 9.5lbs in 2 weeks when i went to Spain, all inclusive so i thought i'd make the most of it and get my value for money! enjoyed it but felt so bad when i got weighed. X

i go away soon and hope its not too much damage but a word of warning if you are flying, do not weigh yourself the day after you land as the altitude makes you hold onto water, save it for weigh in xx

I'm going away for a week at the beginning of August and I usually tend to think, to hell with it, I'm on holiday but, this time, I am going to try not to ridiculously indulge. That said, if I want a cream tea, then I'll have one. Taking the mother in law so I may need more alcohol than usual! No, only joking - she's lovely really. What I thought I would do though, before I go, is write down just how much better I'm feeling at the moment, especially in all the lovely new clothes I've bought, in the hope that it will inspire me to get straight back on track when the holiday is over. Another thing I'll definitely do is come straight back on here again for lots of friendly encouragement.

Kathy

I'm going away for a week at the beginning of August and I usually tend to think, to hell with it, I'm on holiday but, this time, I am going to try not to ridiculously indulge. That said, if I want a cream tea, then I'll have one. Taking the mother in law so I may need more alcohol than usual! No, only joking - she's lovely really. What I thought I would do though, before I go, is write down just how much better I'm feeling at the moment, especially in all the lovely new clothes I've bought, in the hope that it will inspire me to get straight back on track when the holiday is over. Another thing I'll definitely do is come straight back on here again for lots of friendly encouragement.

Kathy

I like the idea of reminding yourself about how good you feel now in order to inspire yourself to return to plan post holliday. So I have stolen this idea for myself and set myself a reminder on my phone for the day I come back with a note reminding me how chuffed I was to hit target and not to lose sight of that. Thank you for the idea x

i go away soon and hope its not too much damage but a word of warning if you are flying, do not weigh yourself the day after you land as the altitude makes you hold onto water, save it for weigh in xx

Oooo I didn't know this thanks for the heads up, I will try to avoid scales for a day or so on return, but as I'm a regular contributer to the serial weighers thread I don't think I will be able to resist, although now knowing about the water retention hopefully it won't scare me as much as it could, thank you x

I gained 10lb after a fortnights all inclusive last year, took me 3 weeks to get it back off. It was heartbreaking putting so much on, I had eaten what I wanted on holidays but I didn't stuff myself with lots of bread and stuff. I did have desserts but would just have a little bit of something, and not big slabs of cake! But it happened and I just got on with things and got back on plan and got that weight back off.

This year, I go to New York for a week and to be honest I am just going to prepare myself for the worst and think a half stone gain when I get back lol but honestly and truthfully though, I am thinking I might limit myself to one bad meal a day and the rest of the time eat as healthily as possible, as of I eat too much junk I get a really upset tummy. In February I went to York for a weekend and ate junk all the time and I was ill, sorry to be graphic but I had diarrhoea. I really don't want that when I should be enjoying the sights of the big apple!

I gained 10lb after a fortnights all inclusive last year, took me 3 weeks to get it back off. It was heartbreaking putting so much on, I had eaten what I wanted on holidays but I didn't stuff myself with lots of bread and stuff. I did have desserts but would just have a little bit of something, and not big slabs of cake! But it happened and I just got on with things and got back on plan and got that weight back off.

This year, I go to New York for a week and to be honest I am just going to prepare myself for the worst and think a half stone gain when I get back lol but honestly and truthfully though, I am thinking I might limit myself to one bad meal a day and the rest of the time eat as healthily as possible, as of I eat too much junk I get a really upset tummy. In February I went to York for a weekend and ate junk all the time and I was ill, sorry to be graphic but I had diarrhoea. I really don't want that when I should be enjoying the sights of the big apple!

Jealous of you going to New York!
i went a few months a go and prepared myself for the worst weight gain wise but actually managed to lose 2lbs. I ate like a total pig but did nothing but walk everywhere... definitely helped a lot.
The portion sizes in America are insane too, everything is so big! x

Jealous of you going to New York!
i went a few months a go and prepared myself for the worst weight gain wise but actually managed to lose 2lbs. I ate like a total pig but did nothing but walk everywhere... definitely helped a lot.
The portion sizes in America are insane too, everything is so big! x
I can't wait! Lol! We will do a lot of walking too, I think the best way to explore is always by foot in cities! As for the portion sizes well I probably won't get through the massive portions now like I could have done once lol looking forward to going for pancakes for breakfast one morning, grabbing a hot dog from a stand, going to a diner, just the things you see on tv! X

I gained 12lb after a fortnight in NYC last year, this year a fortnight in Scotland got me 12.5lb, enjoyed the eating and threw SW out of the window on holiday both times.

It is hard to get back on it though and we are going back to NYC for Christmas so going to try and get below target before I go.

I gained 7lbs in 5 days when I went away to Dorset in July. 7lbs in 5 days! I must admit, I was extremely naughty, lots of coca cola, chocolate chips etc. I went with the best of intentions but I just couldn't stick to it, and didn't want to either. I was on holiday and didn't want to be thinking about syns. A holiday is for enjoying yourself, and if you're not going to enjoy yourself by being on a diet then I reckon it's fine to relax about it for the duration of the holiday. Losing weights not a race and it can wait :)

Ohh I wanna go on holiday now lol

A few years ago I went to New York for 5 days and gained 7lbs their also. Unfortunately too, I didn't try to lose it after or get back on a diet and I gained even more weight the following months. Getting back on its the hardest part

Couldn't agree more! I've done SW twice in the past and lost 3 stone each time. As soon as I went on holiday my thoughts were exactly the same as yours - I'm on holiday, if I want to eat something naughty then I will! I've been back from holiday this time round for a week and also ate what I want while we were away. I haven't dared weigh myself yet but the difference this time round is that I had found this amazing site in May and logged back onto it immediately when we returned. With all the brilliant friendship, encouragement and advice available on Minimins, I got straight back on track and will WI next Wednesday so, fingers crossed! And, you know something, I'm actually glad to be back on track this time.

Good luck with your weight losses, b-44 and glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Kathy

Back