Holy moly!!!!

Jennjennx

Silver Member
Hi everyone I bought myself some exercise dvd's on Friday as I can't really afford the gym I bought the clubland one and the ministry of sound pump it up one! I used the clubland one tonight and it's an extremely intensive workout, I managed the warm up, but half way through the first dance work out I had to stop, I was feeling nauseous and everything and now I feel like I've failed!! :/ I haven't exercised in a while, how can I make it easier and how long will it take before it gets easier, I really don't want to give up before ive even started!! how do you all find exercising, any tips and advice would be much appreciated :) Xox

why should you have failed? as you said, it's a while that you don't exercise, you can't ask miracles from your body. If a novice was trying to compete with a world champion runner and felt a failure because he couldn't manage 200m in less time than the world champion, wouldn't you think he was being silly?

I would just say: do as much as you can now, stop it, have a drink, rest for a moment and continue it, stop when you can't do it any more and have a little pause and then continue up to the end. Slowly you will see that you will stop much less often and in the end you will be able to do it all without any stops. After a while you will start trying to copy the best possible way the moves and in the end it will be too easy for you and you'll need a new one. Take baby steps, if you try to take a step longer than your legs you might get hurt badly!

The answer yr looking for hun is Just stick with it hun u will be fine see if a friend wants to do it with u.. U haven't failed in any shape or form u have just embarked on another challenge!!

I started dance central with the kids now they are always nagging for their turn

Stick with it u will be fine :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I found, that when I did a dvd like that and "failed", it was very demotivating.
Those dvds you got are very intense and you need amazing stamina for it.
Maybe you can try something else, something a little less hardcore, like one of Rosemary Conley's dvds perhaps?
Those are not too hard and yet still fun to do :)

Try zumba the DVDs are really great. They cost me £40 but I got 6 DVDs with it and I absolutely love it. So much fun and doesn't feel like exercise! X

I have that ministry of sound one ... Might be an old version, I think il stick it on tonight and see how I go

30 day shred is another good one......starts of easy and works it up to hardcore - only 20 mins a day but its a serious 20 mins!! lol x

Back