Home exercise dvd's... recommendations?

lottie_2015

I'm stuck in with baby & dont have a babysitter to get to the gym & am not confident enough to go walking so was thinking i need to exercise at home, i need all over toning, anyone got any recommendations? would like to do weights really something to strengthen & tone my lean muscle xx

If heard insanity is really good but also very hard my partner did it and yh I watched lol I googled best DVDs for ect.... And a few came up with good reviews try it out x

Been doing Vicky pattinson 7 day slim (girl from Geordie shore) it's a good mix of cardio and toning - plus each session is only 10 mins long. I do 2-4 sessions a day now but defo noticed a difference. She's also not ridiculously annoying and you don't need any equipment or even a massive space - I do it in my front room and so far not broken tv :)

P90X is the exercise programme that rivals Insanity, and it's supposed to be a bit more resistance-focused than Insanity, which seems to be more cardio-based.

It's expensive for the DVD set, although you can sometimes pick them up second hand on ebay for much less - worth a look maybe.

There is also T-25, which is a scaled-down version of Insanity.

For something not as invovled, and a bit cheaper, there is the Insanity Fast & Furious DVD.

I haven't tried any of these, but a lot of people I know have found them useful.

thanks scanbran, less cardio sounds good atm, i'll google p90x :) x

Hey lottie

d recommend charlotte crossbys 3 minute blitz DVD. It's fab! There are 12 workouts on the DVD and only 3 minutes long each! You can do as many or as little workouts as you choose. Even if you only do two workouts you build up a sweat! Definitely my fav workout DVD xxxx

My favourite and the one I've had most success with over the years has been Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's only 20 minutes long, with 3 Levels which you do for 10 days each. It's brutal, but if you google 30 day shred results, you'll see how effective it can be! I'm not fit enough to do it at the mo (have fibromyalgia and am mid flare), but plan to start on 1st June, all going well!

Hey lottie

d recommend charlotte crossbys 3 minute blitz DVD. It's fab! There are 12 workouts on the DVD and only 3 minutes long each! You can do as many or as little workouts as you choose. Even if you only do two workouts you build up a sweat! Definitely my fav workout DVD xxxx

This sounds ideal for me right now. I'm going to have a look. Thanks! :) xxx

This sounds ideal for me right now. I'm going to have a look. Thanks! :) xxx

Yes do! Its definitely worth it. There's a 5 minute warm up (which in itself is a mini workout) and a 5-6 minute cool down - the workouts in between are only three minutes long! Let us know how you get on xxx

Back