Home Visits

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by NoMorePies, 1 April 2008 Social URL.

1. NoMorePies

NoMorePies Full Member

Hi all,

Can you help with a bit of research, I'm in the application stage of becoming a coucillor and I'm trying to estimate the ammount of time each week I'll be doing it. Cambridge will be a spare time job because I already have a full time (9 til 5) job you see.

1) If it suited you, would you like your CDC to visit you at your home, instead of going to them ?

2) If you did, then would you be happy in paying extra for it ?

3) What do you think would be a fair charge, £5 each visit for example?

Thanks

Pies

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(24.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Pies, my CDC does visit me each week but does not charge anything for it. I hope that helps.

4. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

I suppose it depends on how far you would have to travel. Its a good option for people that have hetic lives kids etc and that dont have a car. Best of luck pies :)

5. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    my old cdc charged £5 to visit me and i lived less than a mile away, i was not happy with this amount to be honest, £2 would of been better imo..

Depends how far you have to travel though?

6. Roosters

Roosters Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.11%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    hiya!

My CDC visits me at home and doesn't charge - if she wanted something for milage or travel expenses then I wouldn't mind paying towards it.

Good luck!

7. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    My CDC offers home visits - she charges £1. I think most people might be happier with a mileage based charge. Good luck with becoming a CDC.

8. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

what you have to consider also is the travelling time to and from and the appointment, so if it takes you 15 minutes to get there appointment is 30 minutes and 15 minutes to get home you have used up an hour for appointment.

Its funny how if you say to people i will charge you £2-3 for a visit they dont agree with being charged but not many would work extra for someone else for nothing which in respect they are asking you to do.

Personally i used to do home visits but had people that only bought 5 shakes ect and in the end it cost me money to have them as clients. Also there are very few people who couldnt get to you if they really want to.

julesrush
    cdc norwich

9. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My CDC does offer home visits if needed but doesn't charge, £5 is a bit high i think personally. I wouldn't be happy to pay it unless you leaved miles away. Good luck with becoming a CDC i hope you do very well with it hun.....xxx

10. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Personally I wouldn't expect to be charged but I've always gone to my CDC anyway.

11. NoMorePies

NoMorePies Full Member

Thanks for all the replies and really useful comments,

Pies.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.