Homemade burgers!

Jess83x

Hi all I've got some extra lean mince out for tea and I want to make some burgers but I was wondering if anyone has any tips what I can add to it for more flavour as I normally just add garlic and onion!

My OH made an amazing burger a couple of weeks ago! Just asked him for the recipe and he said he used the following:-

Extra lean beef mince
Onion
Dijon Mustard (about 1 tsp)
Egg yolks (2)
Worcestershire Sauce (about a tbsp)
Ketchup (about 3 tbsp)

Apparently it's a take on one of Gordon Ramsay's burger recipes and I have to say it was amaaaaazing!!!

There was a lady on here who regularly used to post amazing recipes - one of them was burgers which she added chopped up gherkins to and everyone said they were brilliant. Haven't tried them myself but that's because I don't buy gherkins!

Denise

Just made some for tea...just mince, egg, Worcestershire sauce, 2 oxo cubes and a finely diced onion and a wee bit of spicy season all/chilli powder...scrummy :-D with salad and chips

Tried it on the George foreman this time and it was great

If you have the Sainsburys "Be good to yourself"reduced fat Cumberland sausages at 1/2 syn each you can de-skin them, add garlic salt & dried origano & mix together for a lovely, quick burger!

have to agree with gerkins and worchester sauce (sp?)!!
also some finely chopped chilli is good too.

I usually make like a dent in the patty and put in half of a babybell light (3 is HEA) then cover with a little more mince so that the cheese is in the middle of the burger if you know what i mean. melts through and tastes really good!!

have to agree with gerkins and worchester sauce (sp?)!!
also some finely chopped chilli is good too.

I usually make like a dent in the patty and put in half of a babybell light (3 is HEA) then cover with a little more mince so that the cheese is in the middle of the burger if you know what i mean. melts through and tastes really good!!

mmm melt in the middle burgers are amazing!

Thanks everyone I tried the babybel idea with a few of the different extras and they were lovely :) you've given me a few more ideas for next time

Back