Homemade Soups

Slimmingbabe

I know there are loads of rules on slimming world. Like syn cooked fruit and syn blended fruit.

What about veg? Can I make soup?
I can't see anything about this in my book. As I always blend my soup.

soup is fine. I think because expecting you to eat all your veg raw would be unrealistic. Just remember to syn any milk or cream used in your soup. I find soup great for lunch and the easiest way to get my superfree.

Okay.
I still don't understand why instant mash and fake chemical pasta packs are free and a cooked apple is a syn.
But I'm happy I can make soup. :)

Its confuses me too....maybe because fruit have natural sugars?? God knows lol x

It a lot to do with how fructose is broken down when you cook fruit

Can't be any worse than the chemicals in that pasta'n'sauce. I respect slimming worlds decisions and stick to them all the same.

I just think its a low fat diet that doesn't really care what goes into your body as long as it helps you lose weight. I think we are all responsible for ourselves to make the right choices.
We all know that a lot of healthy processed foods that are low in fat are bad for bodies, so we can make the decision to eat or not eat these foods.

I've just made a 100% free roasted tomato and red pepper soup. It's delicious and very superfree :)

Can't be any worse than the chemicals in that pasta'n'sauce. I respect slimming worlds decisions and stick to them all the same.

I just think its a low fat diet that doesn't really care what goes into your body as long as it helps you lose weight. I think we are all responsible for ourselves to make the right choices.
We all know that a lot of healthy processed foods that are low in fat are bad for bodies, so we can make the decision to eat or not eat these foods.

I've just made a 100% free roasted tomato and red pepper soup. It's delicious and very superfree :)

I totally understand what you mean. I have to say though, compared to some other weight loss plans I think slimming world is great for encouraging people to cook from scratch and make healthy choices. Although the pre-packaged foods are there if you need them.

Like you say, it's all about making the decision as to whether you want to eat them.

I think some of the rules about stewed or blended fruit is because it's pretty high in sugar, and although in it's raw form it would be difficult to overeat (although not impossible lol), if it was stewed or made in to a smoothie for example, it would be quite easy to get to 400-500 calories as a "snack". Where although pasta and sauce may not be particularly healthy, it would be quite filling so not as likely to over eat. Like you say, the plan is designed to help you lose weight and try and guide you towards healthier foods but I guess with all diets you could still lose weight and not eat particularly healthy.

It does encourage cooking from scratch which is why I chose to do it . I don't mind the fruit rule to be honest as I don't like cooked fruit. I prefer fresh.

Is blended soup still free?

Yeah :)

Back