Homesick sabotage

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Harrie, 26 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I was feeling really down yesterday with a bad case of homesickness so dragged He Who Thinks He's Boss to the pub, where our local barman plied me with tapas :break_diet:. I've estimated the damage at "not too bad" - about 34 syns and I hadn't synned at all this week so only a little over.

But I woke up this morning really annoyed with myself. It was typical emotional eating/drinking and I know where that leads. Worse, I'm supposed to be going out for a few drinks tonight! Diet coke here I come.

So now I feel homesick, p*ss*d off with myself and have a slight hangover :( Why do I turn to fattening comforts when I feel this way?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Because you are human! Eating too much occasionally is what everyone does- but some of us see this as some form of weakness and beat ourselves up about it

34 syns on a binge is heroic! The worse thing you can do now is beat yourself up about having fantastic self restraint.

I really hoped you enjoyed the evening- go back to bed, sleep off the hangover and I promise you will feel better later
    x

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    34 Syns is not a lot for a binge! And if you haven't had any Syns this week then you still have plenty left

5. JennyPiccolo

JennyPiccolo Full Member

You're in spain! don't worry, go out and get lots of lovely fresh fruit as a wee detox and sit in the sunshine and you'll feel much better. Think about those of us in grey horrible Scotland trying to stick to a diet in amongst deep-fried black puddings, etc.

You always feel much worse about these things when you have a hangover, it's just an emotional kickback from having too much booze.

6. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Hey Harrie don't worry about it, it's done and finished with. 34 syns for a binge is good!!!!!! I'm not going to even mention how many I had at the weekend!! Tomorrow is a new day and with your hangover gone you will be feeling much more optimistic and determined! Good luck xx

7. Icequeenfairie81

Icequeenfairie81 New Member

Don't feel bad about it I am originally from the States and occasionally get homesick especially when something goes bad over there and I can't be there to help! Instead of only 34 syns I break the absolute bank and eat everything. However I know that the next week I will be back on it and losing what I have gained. Just think of how far you have come in your journey. Some people take the quick path but for me it's the long road, you will get there in the end!!

8. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks, all. It wasn't so much the amount of syns, it was the "sod it" attitude that I hated. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

9. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    At least you've recognised your 'sod it' attitude, realised that it's not a good thing and although your binge wasn't bad at all, hopefully the horrid feeling you've got today will give you something to think about if you get the 'sod it' feeling again...and put you off!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.