Honey and weightloss

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Off Topic' started by Rachlovesteve, 26 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Rachlovesteve

Rachlovesteve Member

Has anyone heard of taking honey before bed to aid weightless??

A male family friend I know has been taking 2tsp before bed and 2tsp in his tea in the morning since Oct 2010 and has lost over 3 and a half st. He says that's all he does as he doesn't really eat junk anyway but he is still eating mega size dinners etc.

Has anyone ever tried it? I really detest honey so am really interested!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Wouldn't it be good if that's all it took to be slim!

4. Rachlovesteve

Rachlovesteve Member

I know!!! I hate honey so I wanted to see if anybody else had good results before I start forcing it down!!!

At the very least I suppose honey is good for you and low in pp.

5. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can't see it - despite magical properties attributed to honey, it's mainly just sugar.

6. losethisfatgirl

losethisfatgirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    21st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Not heard of that one so sorry.

7. Jem292

Jem292 Full Member

I know lily Allen said eating half an apple just before bed helped her lose weight as it kept her metabolism burning more through the night, maybe the honey is a similar idea, I doubt just that would result in such a huge loss?

8. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    I did know a lady years ago who swore by a spoonful of honey first thing in morning just for keeping healthy. She was a real scrawny looking woman and didn't have an ounce of fat on her so no doubt it may well have helped her in those circumstances but to lose weight? Nah!!..:D

9. Rachlovesteve

Rachlovesteve Member

I had a look into it briefly and from what I gather its because when we go to bed, during the first four hours of sleep we burn more calories than we would during the day regardless of excercising, work etc. Because this is when our body repairs itself etc. Hence why we are generally hungry when we awake.

So the theory, developed by sports scientists, is the the honey( being a healthy sugar) fuels the body for the massive amount of energy needed during the first 4 hrs of sleep. Much like say a banana would before a workout.

So, given that our bodies need a vast amount of energy for sleep, it is better to eat a small healthy meal/ snack before bed to fuel the necessary energy expenditure rather than, say fasting from dinnertime to bedtime.

That's what the scientists say anyway lol

10. Jem292

Jem292 Full Member

Kelly osbourne not lily Allen!:)

11. chocaslim

chocaslim adores posting

Start Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    arrrggghhh
    Hi there :)i was in holland and barretts yesterday and they have a section for honey cant remember what its called something like Makita but could be very wrong they had a varity stating 5+ - 18+ i presume thats to do with the benefits i squealed and ran off when i looked at the price:eek: the one i'd picked up was about £20.00 glad i didnt read all about it i might of been tempted

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im sorry but there is NO WAY youd lose 3.5 stones in that time by taking honey and nothing else... hes not being honest about something - if it were only that easy ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.