HoneyOc's 100% SW Diary!

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
Okay back on the SW road and raring to go! Today is an extra easy day. Woke up with a splitting headache so just wanted to take it easy.

BRUNCH
Boiled yam (1.5 syns)
Spicy omelette

SNACK
Fresh grapes
Chopped apple
1oz cheddar cheese (HEA)

28g percy piglets (4.5 syns)

DINNER
Monkfish curry
Steamed basmati rice
Stir fried okra, cooked in olive oil (HEB)

Total syns: 6

Last edited:
I alwayd thought ath SW suited you much better and seems thats very true! Your menus are always so interesting and healhty, i love reading them.

I also love the owl in your sig, i used to have that in mine or as my profile picture on here! *Facebook stolen*

Thanks Cupcake! Oh no did I steal your sig?! I must admit I saw it here and copied it *blush* I thought it represented me really well lol.

Haha! I got mine from facebook so maybe you did get it from me! I dont mind tho hehhehe

Monday 03 May - EE

BREAKFAST
2 Slices nimble toast (HEB)
1 fried egg
1 laughing cow light (part HEA)
1 tsp h'made marmalade (1 syn)

LUNCH
Chicken & sweetcorn salad
Salad cream (2 syns)

SNACK
Strawberries
Coffee with light coffee mate (1.5 syns)

DINNER
Roasted rack of lamb
Blue cheese celeriac mash (4 x laughing cow blue cheese - HEA)
Wilted spinach
Honey roast carrots (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 6

Right then, from plantains to yams!! Do you use yams in the same way as you'd use sweet pototoes?X

Right then, from plantains to yams!! Do you use yams in the same way as you'd use sweet pototoes?X

LOL!! Yams are very different to sweet potatoes. Americans call sweet potatoes yams but in Africa, yams are referred to a large long tuber that's more like regular potato (though a bit starchier with a slight bitter note). And like the potato it can be boiled, fried like chips, roasted, mashed (pounded yam) etc. I love it and its a free food on a green or EE day!!

More pics I found on the internet! I do love my piccies (they say a thousand words afterall :D )

WholeYam1.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

PalaverSaucePlate.jpg

Tuesday 04 May - EE

BREAKFAST
2 slices nimble toast (HEB)
Laughing cow light (1)
2 tsp h'made marmalade (2)
Coffee with 2tsp light coffee mate (1.5)

SNACK
1oz cheddar cheese (HEA)
Fresh grapes

LUNCH
M & S medium fish selection sushi (3.5)
2 Percy piglets (1)

DINNER
Fritatta (with potatoes, leftover roasted vegetables, peppers, tomatoes, sweetcorn, peas)
Large green salad
Balsamic vinegar to drizzle
M&S COU exotic fruit yogurt

Total syns: 9

Last edited:
LOL!! Yams are very different to sweet potatoes. Americans call sweet potatoes yams but in Africa, yams are referred to a large long tuber that's more like regular potato (though a bit starchier with a slight bitter note). And like the potato it can be boiled, fried like chips, roasted, mashed (pounded yam) etc. I love it and its a free food on a green or EE day!!

More pics I found on the internet! I do love my piccies (they say a thousand words afterall :D )

WholeYam1.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

PalaverSaucePlate.jpg

Well thank you again!! I will be trying these as well as plantains next shopping trip and report back on that too!! I just assumed they were similar to sweet potatoes because they look so similar on the outside!! How wrong one can be!!X

Wednesday 05 May - EE

BREAKFAST
2 Alpen light (HEB)
Soya latte (HEA)

SNACK
Banana
M&S COU banana & papaya yogurt

LUNCH
Leftover rice, plantain and monkfish curry
Options hot chocolate (2 syns)

SNACK
Fresh strawberries

DINNER
Barbecued chicken (1.5 syns)
Roasted butternut squash
Balsamic roast cherry tomatoes
Salad
Red wine (6 syns)

Total syns: 9.5

Yum yum Honey!! I had a tuna steak this evening with red onion, coriander and lime salsa!! Watcha think of that then?!!!! It was delish!X

hi i am new here just thought i would say hello! iv tried the slimming world diet befor but went of the rails abit, but im joining a slimming world group on friday and i am determind this time! the problem i have is that i get bored of eating the same things, so any recipes you have will be much apreciated. thank you :)

OK i have to ask - whats a percy piglet!!!

Percy pigs - those wee jelly sweeties from Marks?

Yep that's exactly what they are! They're basically fruit gum/chewy sweets. I love them and try not to buy them too often. Before SW I used to eat them by the bagful but these days I have 2 or 3 as a sweet treat. There are all sorts available now, percy pig and pals, reversy percy, percy piglets, percy piglet and friends etc etc. They're all delicious!

Here's a link to pics
http://www.inyourkitchen.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/percy_pigs.jpg

lol.....They look too cute to eat! but im sure id manage ;)

They are delicious!! Only half a syn per piglet! Or for the normal full size percy pigs (about the size of a 50p coin) they're 1.5 syns each.

Thursday 06 May - EE

Went to the gym today!!! And I hated every minute. It was a circuit training class made up mostly of men trying to outdo each other. I was not great at it... at all... lol. But I stuck it out to the end and it was better than laying in bed all day which I could easily have done, being my day off. I expect I will suffer over the next few days, sigh... I'll try a different class on Sunday, maybe pilates or something else that's gentle lol.

BREAKFAST
2 x nimble white toast (HEB)
Spicy beans
Laughing cow light (part HEA)

SNACK
Fibre plus bar (5.5 syns)
4 percy piglets (2)
300ml skimmed milk for teas/coffees throughout the day (rest of HEA)

LUNCH
Smoked salmon, herb & tomato omelette
Green salad
Balsamic vinegar to drizzle
2 small galaxy squares (2)

DINNER
Spaghetti with roast tomato sauce
Seared scallops
Steamed broccoli & cauliflower
Roasted peppers

Total syns: 9.5

Last edited:
Friday 07 May - Red

BREAKFAST
1oz porridge (HEB)
Dollop of 0% Greek yogurt stirred in
Blueberries & raspberries
2tsp brown sugar (2 syns)

LUNCH
Monkfish curry
Pitta bread (HEB + 2 syns)
Chopped cucumber

SNACKS
Soya latte (HEA)

DINNER
Grilled salmon
Roasted BNS, peppers, courgette & fennel
Small square chocolate (2 syns)

Total syns: 7.5

Last edited:
Saturday 08 May - Green

BREAKFAST
Fried egg & baked beans

SNACK
Costa soya latte (HEA)

LUNCH
Bulgur wheat
Spicy spinach sauce (2 syns)
Roasted vegetables
Fat free vanilla yogurt

DINNER
CP's pasta with parmesan & breadcrumbs (HEA & HEB)
Winter salad
Large wine (8.5 syns)

Total syns: 12

Back