Hooked on Slim & Save :)

Hooked

I'm on day 5 today and decided to start jotting down how its all going. I am hoping I can write away all those cravings before I stick something stupid in my mouth!

Today I have had:

vanilla crispy shake around 9 am
strawberry shake at 5pm

I am not feeling hungry physically but I have the urge to just eat and eat! I have noticed my sense of smell around food is really strong. I also find just looking at food is triggering this impulse to just eat something. I must look like a mad drooling idiot walking around the supermarket, especially as I am not in their buying food!

Tea tonight will be some quorn pieces cooked in the boullion with salad. I am going to attempt a cookie from one of the shakes tonight but I need to be careful it does not increase the cravings.

I am feeling good so far ( I am freezing though!) I need to avoid jumping on the scales just yet as totm arrived on day 3 so I don't want to get disappointed if I have a low number due to that.

Hiya Hooked :)

I was wondering how you were getting on...

Congrats on day 5 , we are on day 6:D

And we feel the same as you, not hungry as such and not much appetite but a sniff or programme with tasty not allowed(usually carby)food has me drooling and imagining:sign0009: but then i am thinking ok so 5-10 mins of yummyiness for what!! Days of hunger and bad cravings to get back into ketosis....nah ain't worth it lol:D:talk017:

I am trying to occupy myself when getting the cravings although they ain't been as bad today.

Good luck with day 6:cool:

Hi Hooked. Like the diary name :). Well done on getting to day 5. I do still get cravings even this far in but I've learnt to ignore them pretty much. They are powerful beasts though and I find that coming on here and reading and updating helps take my mind off food.

Good move staying off the scales as TOTM arrived. On the positive side it means that you won't get TOTM again until you're an old hand at the diet around week 4. I'm sure you'll be rewarded for your resolve this week at WI. Good luck tomorrow.

wk one over and the results speak for themselves: 1 stone loss!!!! :) :) :)

I think the house redecorating this week has helped plus with it being half term we have been out and about a lot with the kids.

I have survived week one and getting into ketosis, TOTM arriving on day 2, dh and the kids having chipshop chips, valentines food and the smell of hot (junk) food at the freezing cold themepark!

I feel great. Sleeping well and coping with the mental cravings so far. It also helps that I like all the food packs so far. I have celebrated this mornings weigh in with a crispy choc shake, yum.

Well done, safe to say you like this diet :)

Amazing results well done for sticking through a difficult week :)

Fantastic loss Hooked!!!! That is super douper :D

wow well done hun! xx

hmm day 8 and I am feeling a bit bored with drinking water this morning. I had a choc shake a short while ago and it didn't taste right. I think my tastebuds are changing as I am strangely craving the cottage pie pack! Unfortunately, the bulk of my order was the sweeter shakes rather than the meal packs as I thought I would struggle being a big (ex) chocoholic.

today is a bad bad day. I have not cheated but the urge to blinking eat is raging! I can't even blame totm as that's gone!

it is becoming obvious that my main coping mechanism for any and every emotion under the sun is eating. So I really need to find out how to deal with this realisation that I am so driven to eat when I am not even remotely hungry.

I was thinking of doing some of my low carb veg recipes today e.g. Some veg crisps or chips but then I got thinking about whether this is just feeding my addiction albeit with veg and not chocolate / other junk?

anyway I will not give into this tonight. Kids are in bed and dh is out so it is prime binge time but I will not do it!! I will however indulge in my lovely Dr pepper zero :)

Fantastic first week loss Hooked. Just ignore the demons in your head telling you to eat. You really do not need to. Although I have to say that experimenting with veg is a whole lot better and healthier than throwing chocolate / junk down your neck :). I've actually been enjoying eating the vegetables that I hope sets me up for healthier eating habits in the future.

1 stone is amazing! Great kick start there! Try and ignore the cravings, they will become less often and you'll find it easier to say no. I seem to once a week really crave like a mad woman. But it was everyday of my life before this, I would sit and think about food all day at work. And then when I got home, would troff on rubbish!

Just keep reminding yourself of the amazing results you are getting! xx

thanks for all the encouragement :) yesterday was a better day. I changed things a little by not having my first pack straight away in the morning. Instead I had a coffee and my water and took a bar and flask of coffee out with me.

it wasn't until late afternoon that I had my bar. I felt ok while the family had a cooked dinner with yorky puds (smell was lovely!) and then had a hazelnut shake. I was then full all evening and had to force a hot choc shake down to get my third pack in!

what a difference a day makes!

having another good day today. Going to avoid the scales but check my measurements later.

wk 2 WI: 2lb off :)

was hoping for more but I know where being greedy has got me..

my BL bars arrived today. Taste ok, thanks to those that posted the details on these.

goals for this week are:

keep drinking the water
time 3 packs a day better (sometimes I only feel like 2 due to starting them late in the day!)
eat veg everyday (you know why!)
post more when I get the urge to munch

here's to another great week.

Well done Hooked - 16 lbs is a tremendous weight loss.

Posting on here certainly helps to keep me away from the snacking.

Good luck in your weight loss journey.

wk 3 weigh in.......

4lbs!!! :D

I blinking love this plan! I still have binge urges but so far so good I have been able to talk myself round without stepping in the kitchen let alone food going in my mouth :D

I am feeling fab and literally go :D whenever I think about what I'm achieving.

I am now only 10lb away from my hover weight (the place I always stick at when dieting) and I know I'm going to smash right through it this month!

Well done, you should be proud of yourself. Are you noticing the difference in yourself? xx

I am starting to not feel so squeezed into my clothes and I bought myself a lovely new coat in tescos today in a 16 :) its on but not fastenable (although I don't want to drop any more inches from the offending area!)

although I have times of feeling tired on this it is nothing in comparison to the utter exhaustion I used to feel with all the carbs in my system. I was stuck in the vicious cycle of feeling shattered so having chocolate or biscuits as a pick me up and then crashing again later - never ever again!

Back