Hope I'm doing this right!

Tig

Likes to eat
Hi all,

I've done pretty much every diet (really, check all the diaries I've had on here :/ ), low carb always works the best (I've done Dukan and Paleo in the past) so I'm giving Atkins a try. However, I went and bought myself the book today and I'm finding it a bit complicated! I'm going to post my food diaries here and please feel free to critique and point out my mistakes (I've made some already!!)
I only want to lose 10lbs so I've skipped straight to OWL (as the book said). Below are my first 2 days :)

Day 1 - 20th Aug
B - bacon and scrambled egg
L - quorn fillet and crayfish tails
D - chicken quarters x2
S - boiled egg, light mayo, yoghurt (I've realised now yog isn't allowed!), low cal hot choc (its only 5g carbs, but again I understand this is a no!)

E - jog and weights

Note - So this day was a bit mangled - I was trying to low carb but didn't have my book yet - hence the lack of veg.

Day 2 - 21st Aug (yoghurt in the bin)
B - bacon and scrambled egg
L - Moules Mariniere and salad
D -Chicken Caesar salad (no croutons)
S - Atkins bar, 50g salted cashews

E - none

Plan for tomorrow,
Day 3 - 22nd Aug
B - bacon, scrambled egg, mushrooms
L - crayfish, avocado and lettuce
D - Diced casserole beef, shallots, seasoning, broccoli

E - jog and weights

Hi and welcome :)

Not sure about owl as I never seem to make it beyond induction! but....... Think it's just induction with berries and nuts. Your menus less naughty stuff look good. Re veg, lots of green stuff is best, try and also spread it out during the day too.

Careful on the mussels are a bit higher in carbs so original book says to limit to 4oz....

Thanks Teeney :)
Are you in induction at the moment?

According to my book you can try small amounts of nuts and berries and assess losses. Yesterday didnt go to plan, but it wasnt terrible! I was out all day, so after breakfast I ended up having pulled pork, salad and some sweet potato (making the best of a bad menu :/ ) and for dinner sausages and roasted veg. My weight was up this morning which I was suppose was partly expected.
I'm home today which makes things easier!

B - 2 sausages
S - handful of nuts
L - crayfish, avocado and lettuce
D - diced beef casserole

E - jog and weights

And tomorrow,
B - eggs
L&D - as above (shopping for 1 = repetitive meals!)

E - jog and weights

I am, first ever week without cheating! Feeling good too :)

Guess the small gain was the sweet potato, I love them baked!

A lot of this diet is trial and error to see what works for you, stick at it, it's worth it. Are you on mfp? Noseying at other people's diaries helps with new foods to try to stop things getting boring x

Hi Tig and welcome :)

I would suggest you strip your first two weeks on induction back to basics, and reintroduce nuts and berries a little later - then you can more easily tell what will work best for you. And lots of leafy greens and water :)

Back