Hopefully 2nd time lucky! Support, advice, tips V V V welcome!

Emma3334

Silver Member
Hello,
I dont know if anyone will read this or reply but just thought Id write things down.

Im 24 years old. I first started Cambridge in October last year weighing in at 15 stone 7lbs, Im 5'8 so this deemed me as obease.
I was so upset and knew I needed to do something.

I stuck with it and from October to January I lost 2 stone 3lbs, taking me down to 13stone 4lbs. I was happy with the progress considedring Id had a few Christmas nights out/meals, Christmas and New Year.

However then I well and truley fell of the bandwagon and have done nothing but eat rubbish since the start of Jan. I decided to start again and got weighed with a new consultant ( my last one was awful, very unsupportive) and weighed in at 14 stone. I was really upset but considering what ive been eating it isnt too bad I suppose.

Im on day 7 now.
I was finding it fine at first, much better than I had the first time round, untill yesterday when temptation but itself forward at every turn, I wont go into detail as thats not fair but trust me there was fav foods everywhere BUT I RESISTED! Im proud of myself but hoping Ive had a good loss tomorrow.

What worries me and confuses me is that it has changed since I was last on it, or my previous consultant was even worse than I thought!!! Ive been told I can have 3 products and a small meal everyday on SS+. Is anyone else doing this?
Also Im FREEZING! no matter how many layers I put on, I know this is part of it, but Im also worried that this only kicked in yesterday on day 6 and not earlier!

Sorry for my ramblings I just need to vent! Thanks for listening and wish me luck tomorrow if anyone is reading this. x

Hi there and well done you for nipping things in the bud and taking control again, thats a huge step towards goal!!! I really found the second week very difficult but apparently that's pretty common. Did you not get the CWP booklet that explains all the different steps and what you can have on each? Yes on SS+ you have 3 shakes plus a light meal, approx 200kcals i believe OR you can have some milk. I'm no expert but i'd imagine even if youve only gone into ketosis on day 6 that you'll still have a wonderful weight loss, i'm on the 1200 plan and still managed to lose 6lbs in the first week.

Doesnt it feel good to resist temptation and overcome those long instilled habits, again another huge step in the right direction. I wish you the best of luck on your journey xx

Being cold is really horrible and does not help matters at all. I'm freezing all the time:( roll on summer! Well done keep going. Purple

Good luck. Are you going to keep a diary? I'm back again, Started today with a similar story to your own in terms of losing and falling off the wagon.

Emma, well done for reaching day 7! That's great! Alas I have been there and done it all too and not very proud of myself. There is a new yellow booklet that is version 2 (think it says it on the back) and the meals allowed on the plans have slightly changed but not significantly. SS+ can be either 4 Cambridge packs or 3 packs plus a meal from the list which is all protein and the amounts listed in the book. If you don't have the book I can dig it out and list on here what you can have and the amounts?

Bear with feeling the cold - get a hot water bottle it helps. I drink hot water because I feel the cold especially when going into ketosis. It's worth a try it may help. You will eventually feel less cold I'm sure. You've done this before and can do it again!! YOu are doing it again and I have to say doing that first week is very hard especially second time around! So be very proud of yourself.

Thank you all so so much for replying and your support, I appreciate it so so much!

Nina- I know im proud of myself for stopping before it got too out of hand, it is good after resisting temptation to be able to think that im in control of what I eat and that im in charge rather than the food controlling me, sounds dramatic but you know what I mean im sure!

Purple- I know I hate the cold bit, it hasnt been as bad so far fingers crossed as last time round when I actually ended up in tears at some points lol. Think the key is to layer up like mad. God knows what our heating bills will be! But hey if ive got to be cold to be thin then thats the price I will have to pay!

Tano- yes Ive posted a diary in the diary bit too, im new to MiniMins so didnt really know which thread?? to post in lol. Hang in there, thats what I keep telling myself, how much did you lose before?

Kira- Thank you so much, Ive got the new book but was just a little confused, dont worry you dont need to start digging away!! Thank you again for the offer though, really lovely of you. I think a lot of the confusion was down to my old consultant she was terrible to be honest, wasnt supportive, was only bothered about pushing prouducts but didnt tell us about any of the little things you can do to help like the mini meal rather than product or the moose stuff.

ALL OF YOU- thank you for your kind words, support and encouragement!
I had weigh in tonight and lost 7lbs!! Im really happy as last night I was wondering if I could stick to it but now im thinking hell yeah I can! I didnt really lose any inches so guessing its water retention or something but hey its what the scales say so im happy!
My mums doing it too, she lost 6lbs and an amazing 6inches!!!

Thanks again xxx

Also ive commented on a few other peoples one of my tricks I used last time and have lost count of the amount of times Ive used it in the last 8 days lol but hey it gets me through so thought id share it with you.... its rather gross though lol

When I want to cheat I try to imagine whatever it is I want to eat/ or am about to eat (lol) like an hour later all cold and conjealed... this works great with cheesy things for example I imagine a cold ham and cheese panini all cold, conjealed and stale then suddenly I dont fancy eating it anymore! I know its abit gross but it helps me! I also think is that sandwich/bite of cake etc worth all the money ive spent on the products Ive had so far... again suddenly that sandwich isnt that appealling knowing its gonna cost me £50!!

7lbs is amazing and a massive well done!!! I lost 32lbs last time round and got down to 9st 11 at my lowest. I was so close to target but just couldnt do it anymore. I'm determined to get there this time!!! :)

Tano Im sure you will do it again! Did you move up the steps last time? Thank you for the very done!

Im in a vile mood tonight and I dont even know why, think it might be cos Im cold? Im sick of all my products (I only like 3 lol) and its day 9.
Tomorrow will be better im sure. Just have to take it one day at a time dont you. I know I should do things to keep busy but tonight I just want to lie about feeling sorry for myself.

I miss food tonight but at the same time I dont want to eat it. Its all very strang how much this diet changes your thinking about food. In the past id prob go get a bag of crisps just bcos... now I think thats madness. If I had a meal on a plate and was full Id think aww just finish it theres not much left, again now I think its madness!

Is anyone else having the mini 200cal meals on SS+?? If so what are people having?? Ive ended up having scrambled egg and cucumber or lettucey stuff with chicken lol.
The protein amount seems like so so much, does anyone else think so too??

Thanks guys

I'm sticking to the milk allowance this week but will be having food from Sat and I'm soooooo excited hahaha :)
I definitely have days like this and it's just the feeling of deprivation I think. I get so peed off with how others never need to diet and eat crap yet I have to go this drastic!!!

Hiya,
Oddly I havent missed my milky tea too much so far, oddly this time round im finding black tea ok as long as its not too strong so I should be having the little meals I just struggle with what to actually eat, it just all seems so dry!!!

Are you doing something nice on sat, is that why your eating or just having mini meals on a weekend?

No, I'm only doing ss+ for a week and then moving up to 810. Hence the excitement. Depending on what I weigh today, I should be in the 25 BMI range, coz I was just bordering above it!!! :)

Did you lose then? Have you weighed in?
Im jealous and excited your on step two... Is that where you have a salad for lunch too?x

No, salad for lunch is the 1000 plan. :)

what do you have on 810? Also which step is it? x

810 is step two. 3 packs and a small (I MEAN SMALL) protein meal. eg 2 eggs and 3 mushrooms or half a chicken breast and 3tbsp veg/salad.

is the difference between step 2 and SS+ that you can have the small meal AND milk allowance?

weigh in two tomorrow.... it should of been today and im already making excuses thinking that if its a rubbish loss its bcos its on a diff day lol. silly as by rights i should of lost more with the extra day.... o well only time will tell.

Im sick of soup, I actually really struggle with it now an djust want the choc blocks which is odd bcos normally i need to feel like ive had a proper meal lol soup!
im also sick of making excuses to not go out and do things with friends as everything revolves around food... as I keep wittering on about!

Social situations are the worst!!! I got so much stick on Sat for not drinkinh. Does my bloody head in!!!!!!!

Back