Hopefully people might be able to tell me where I am going wrong?

Beckyftwx

Silver Member
My weight losses are slow and non existent atm so I am going to fill in a diary.
This week I am saving my syns up until Sat night because its a friends birthday so I am going to use it on vodka.

So today I had..

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, skimmed milk, an apple, and a coffee (HEB+HEA)
Lunch - Tangerine, half an apple, baby banana, handful of grapes, 4 pieces of water melon, pineapple and sharon fruit with onken fat free yoghurt and spoonful of quark with some sweetener. A glass of dr pepper zero and a glass of water
Tea - Homemade quorn spag bol, with my super free being a can of chopped tomatoes, onion, mushroom and peppers in the mix. A glass of sugar free vimto and glass of dr pepper zero.:)

Also went to the gym and did 10k on the bike and 2k jog.

Snack - Melon with quark, natural fat free yoghurt and sweetener. Another coffee

Last edited:
Looking at your BMI it is ideal - this is maybe why you are not losing as fast as you want to.

Yeah I guess so, just was hoping for a pound or two a week, lame when you stick to plan and get no loss at all!

Brekkie - Banana, grapes, melon and pineapple with quark and fat free onken yoghurt. A mug of hot water and lemon.
Lunch - 2 alpen bars (HEB), tangerine,grapes
Tea- Quorn sausage casserole (1 syn) this consisted of a couple of stocks, baked beans, onion, potato, sweet potato, mushrroms, leeks and linda mccartney rosemary sausages and Quorn sausages
Supper- Banana, passion fruit, pineapple, melon, grapes with quark and onken yoghurt. A cup of coffee with milk (HEA)

A usaul very fruity day ha!

Last edited:
Brekkie - Sharon fruit, tangerine, banana, grapes, pineapple, melon, quark, onken fat free yoghurt. Mug of green tea with lemon added and sweetener.
Lunch - Sweet potato, cottage cheese, ham, lettuce and grated carrot. Bottle of water
Tea- Asda meat free meatballs (1) this had canned tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, meatballs and spaghetti. bottle of pepsi max
Supper - Alpen bar (half HEB), babybel (HEA), onken fat free yoghurt, vanilla mullerlight, grapes. Coffee

Last edited:
Brekkie - Tangerine, banana, melon, pineapple with fat free yoghurt and quark. Mug of hot water and lemon
Lunch - Jacket spud and lentil dahl, mackeral, cottage cheese, sweetcorn and peppers. Water, juice.
Tea - Mushy pea curry, fanta zero, pepsi max.
Supper- Banana, pineapple, quark, fat free yoghurt. Coffees with milk (HEA)

Last edited:
Just the first line alone of your post suggest to me one reason why you may not be losing. You are saving all of your Syns up for the weekend - do you do this every week? I know that some people do this, and can get away with it and still lose, but it doesn't work for everybody. Maybe this could be part of the problem?

Just the first line alone of your post suggest to me one reason why you may not be losing. You are saving all of your Syns up for the weekend - do you do this every week? I know that some people do this, and can get away with it and still lose, but it doesn't work for everybody. Maybe this could be part of the problem?
No first week I have done this because its my best friends birthday night out, i know it does effect my loss's when i save them, I usually actually gain. I usually have tenish a day when not saving for a special occasion.

Brekkie - Weetabix and skimmed milk and a banana with sweetener (HEA + HEB). A mug of green tea with added lemon.
Tea - A huge sweet potato with a tub of cottage cheese and lettuce and beetroot.
Snack - Fruit and fat free onken yoghurt, a brew with whole milk and a sugar in the hairdressers (2 syns), loads of vodka and diet cokes and lemos, didn't count but going to use all my weekly syns on these, some chinese ready to eat chicken. Actually so proud of myself went through maccie drive thru and resisted getting a thing!

Last edited:
Trying to have lots of super free after my night out.

Brekkie - Apple, banana, melon, pineapple and a spoonful of quark and onken fat free yoghurt with sweetener and a cinnamon tea.
Lunch - Hot weetabix and a coffee (HEA+HEB)
Snack - Banana, pinepple, muller light yoghurt
Tea - Gammon and chicken, roast potatos, veg and gravy (2 syns)
Snack - Pinapple, melon, quark, fat free yoghurt.

Last edited:
Breakfast - Melon, pineapple, apple, banana, quark, fat free yoghurt. A coffee, 2 glasses of juice
Lunch - Melon, quark, fat free yoghurt and vanilla muller light. A bottle of water
Snack - 2 alpen bars (HEB)

Lost 1/2 a pound, really down about it :( sick of the tiny loses and sts

Last edited:
Hoping for a better loss this week. Tryna have about 5 syns a day and drink loads of water.

Breakfast - Weetabix, skimmed milk, banana and yoghurt (HEA and HEB). 1 litre of sugafree juice
Lunch - Bowl of fresh fruit, yoghurt and quark. Mug of cinnamon tea
Tea - Asda meatfree meatballs with a can of tomatoes and onions and spaghetti. 1 litre of sugafree juice.
Snack - Vanilla mullerlight, apple

Last edited:
Breakfast - Apple, banana, pineapple, melon, quark and fat free yoghurt. Mug of apple and bulberry tea.
Lunch - Sweet potato, cottage cheese, side salad, 3 light babybels (HEA). 1 green tea. 1 litre of sugafree juice
Tea - Rice and pasta with mackerel and steamed veg with a passata and onion sauce. 1 litre of sugafree juice
Snack - Mullerlight, coffee with milk (1 syn), 2 alpen lights (HEB)

Last edited:
Hi, just a thought- you seem to have quite a lot more fruit than you do vegetables, have you ever tried a week of having more vegetables than fruit? As much as it's all superfree, there are still sugars in fruit which when you're so close to target and within your ideal BMI may be the difference between a .5lbs and a 1.5lbs loss? You might consider it worth a try?

Also, I don't know which one you mean (maybe you mean the plain one?) but the Onken fat free yoghurts with flavouring aren't all free. I was MOST disappointed to learn (after a week of stuffing my face with the vanilla one!!) that they can actually be fairly high in syns. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same ones, but the Fat Free Strawberry, Vanilla and similar in 500ml tubs have syns, as they've got a new little advert on their packaging 'no artificial colours or flavourings' or something like that..... enter sugar!!!

Good luck with your next week, and what is cinnamon tea? Sounds nice :)

Hi, thanks for your reply, Yes, I might stock up on veg and try that! I love fruit too much but think I need to cut it down a little being close to target.
The cinnamon tea is twinnings, its from asda and quite yummy. I prefer green tea though, apple and pear flavour is my favourite :)
And its the natural onken fat free yoghurt I have so thats free I think? I love the vanilla one though, wish that was free too!!

I did that too and found the same. Saying that, it did set my daily allowance at 1,200, which is obscenely low in my opinion!! I think it's fair if you exercise lots and so 'earn back' the calories, as I suppose is the idea, but if like me you just don't, it's not realistic. I made an account on there last week out of curiosity, and stuck to 1,100-1,200 calories for the last three days of last week (as in WI week, Tues, Weds, Thurs) and somehow have managed to gain 2.5lbs. I lost consistently last year with no regards to calories (whilst I appreciate they are the underlying theory behind all weight loss plans) but like someone said to me last night at group- you can look too much into it and sometimes all you need to do is just relax and walk some more.

I don't know what the right advice is though, like I said- I've managed to gain that much this week with a flawless food diary. I'm baffled.

Hope you find the right solution, and thanks for the details of the tea, I might have to try that (maybe as total meal replacement if I keep gaining every stupid week!!!!!! I'd last about... an hour :D)

Yeah mine was 1200 also, which seems very low, and i had about 1800 yesterday and thought I'd had a good day haha. Don't think I could have less than 1200 each day, might try it next week just to see if it makes me lose. how crazy that you managed to gain 2.5 after sticking to it 100%, sometimes I think I would benefit more if I could ignore the scales because they make me feel down!

Today -
Breakfast - Apple, melon, watermelon, fat free natural onken yoghurt
Lunch - Sweet potato with cottage cheese mixed with quark and garlic, lettuce, beetroots and 2 cherry tomatoes.
Tea - Chilli con carne, rice and veg
2 litres of sugar free juice, 3 coffees and milk (using HEA), 1 green tea.
Snack - Mullerlight, 2 alpen bars (HEB)

Feel like this week has been good, but I still feel like Im overeating due to my huge appetite, I am constantly hungry and never know when to stop!! I think it might be my contraceptive pill causing the huge appetite cos when i stopped taking my pill for a month I noticed a huge difference. Wish I could come off it and be on nothing but I can't, going to try and change to the yasmin pill next tuesday and see if my appetite settles, feel incapable of losing weight when its this big.

Last edited:
brekkie - apple, banana, pear, quark, spoonful of fat free onken, green tea
lunch - jacket potato, lentil dahl with a few pasta twirls and beetroot
tea - pasta n sauce with cottage cheese
drinks - 2 litre water, 2 coffees (milk using HEA), 4 vodka and blackcurrant and soda waters (20)
snack - two alpen bars (HEB), vanilla mullerlight

Last edited:
Brekkie - Weetabix and skimmed milk (HEA + HEB) followed by melon and pineapple with mint mullerlight
Lunch - Big bowl of fruit, half an apple, banana, pineapple, watermelon and quark and onken fat free yoghurt
Tea- Roast dinner - carrots, sweet potato, chicken, cauliflower, parsnips and gravy (2 syns?)
Snack - Pineapple chunks, two mullerlights

Last edited:
Back