Hoping it's OK for me to post here :)

I have just under 4 stone to lose (weigh in at 13st 13 atm) but i started of with 10 stone to lose. I've lost the weight over the last 2 years. I slacked a bit recently (ben & jerrys got the better of me) and put on a few pounds. So glad it was only a few, i thought i'd put on about a stone. Now i'm back to eating healthy, nothing bad has passed my lips in the last 3 days haha the worst thing i've had is 30g of honey cheerios this morning because i had literally nothing else as my shopping won't be here until 2-4pm. I felt awful eating them and i really didn't want to but i'd rather have them than noting at all.

Most of my immediate family are pretty big especially my sisters, i believe they are both around 17/18st. My mum was about 17st but lost 6 stone and she looks really good which is great inspiration for me.

I do a lot of walking, before i got my car i was averaging about 6 miles a day. The car is a big problem, although i don't drive everywhere i could walk a lot more than i do. It's on the blink atm which is probably a good thing as i'll have no choice but to walk everywhere. I used to swim twice a week and need to get back into it, i managed to shave about seconds from my lap time which i thought was pretty cool. I want to get an exercise bike but not sure if i have the room, i'm thinking i'll just get one anyway. It will be good to cycle while watching tv :) I've started skipping too (jump rope) which is a great workout.

I'm a 'boredom eater' and i tend to eat more in the evenings. I love sitting and watching a film with a tub of ben & jerrys or a bowl of angel delight. No more of that though! I've found that i've gone to bed earlier the last few nights which has stopped me snacking. During the day i have been snacking on nuts and fruit.

Anyway i want to wish you all good luck on your journeys, lets hope we can all achieve our goals :D

What an amazing loss you have achieved so far!! Well done. :) Are you following any specific diet or just eating more healthy? I know what you mean about the boredom eating, I have a bad habit of when I am on sat the computer of snacking on junk so I keep a bowl of fruit and a large bottle of water so I have something, otherwise I get tempted to go downstairs and make a sandwich or go to the shop and buy a load of crap. xx

I have just under 4 stone to lose (weigh in at 13st 13 atm) but i started of with 10 stone to lose. I've lost the weight over the last 2 years. I slacked a bit recently (ben & jerrys got the better of me) and put on a few pounds. So glad it was only a few, i thought i'd put on about a stone. Now i'm back to eating healthy, nothing bad has passed my lips in the last 3 days haha the worst thing i've had is 30g of honey cheerios this morning because i had literally nothing else as my shopping won't be here until 2-4pm. I felt awful eating them and i really didn't want to but i'd rather have them than noting at all.

Most of my immediate family are pretty big especially my sisters, i believe they are both around 17/18st. My mum was about 17st but lost 6 stone and she looks really good which is great inspiration for me.

I do a lot of walking, before i got my car i was averaging about 6 miles a day. The car is a big problem, although i don't drive everywhere i could walk a lot more than i do. It's on the blink atm which is probably a good thing as i'll have no choice but to walk everywhere. I used to swim twice a week and need to get back into it, i managed to shave about seconds from my lap time which i thought was pretty cool. I want to get an exercise bike but not sure if i have the room, i'm thinking i'll just get one anyway. It will be good to cycle while watching tv :) I've started skipping too (jump rope) which is a great workout.

I'm a 'boredom eater' and i tend to eat more in the evenings. I love sitting and watching a film with a tub of ben & jerrys or a bowl of angel delight. No more of that though! I've found that i've gone to bed earlier the last few nights which has stopped me snacking. During the day i have been snacking on nuts and fruit.

Anyway i want to wish you all good luck on your journeys, lets hope we can all achieve our goals :D

You're amazing for losing that much weight and still getting back on track!
:):):)

I'm a total boredom eater and I tend to leave any of the snacks I have planned out to the last couple of hours before Im organising myself for the next day!

I have 4st to lose myself so it would be great to keep in touch with you to see how you are getting on :)

Are you following any diet at the moment or sticking to your own plan???

Thank you! I'm not following a plan, just eating what i think is healthy and keeping portion sizes down. I think the key to the bulk of y weightloss was walking, i was doing about 6 miles a day and the weight just dropped off. The last few days i've been eating a lot of fruit and veg and snacking on nuts and things like ryvitas.

Lemai we have the same goal weight and there's only a few lbs between us, it'd be great to stay in touch. Do you go on any weigh in threads? I posted n the monday one today but there were only a couple of people in there

Thank you! I'm not following a plan, just eating what i think is healthy and keeping portion sizes down. I think the key to the bulk of y weightloss was walking, i was doing about 6 miles a day and the weight just dropped off. The last few days i've been eating a lot of fruit and veg and snacking on nuts and things like ryvitas.

Lemai we have the same goal weight and there's only a few lbs between us, it'd be great to stay in touch. Do you go on any weigh in threads? I posted n the monday one today but there were only a couple of people in there

Im a thursday weigh in i generally just write a new post for my weigh in or stick it ln my diary :)

Wow, congratulations for your loss so far! Another boredom eater checking in... I'm just starting again after a major blip. It's really inspirational to read about how much others have achieved :eek:

wow well done on how much weight you have already lost, that is fab, good luck with this next stage, you are doing so well, this part of minimins is very supportive so I am sure you will find it of great use, Em xx

GiveMeScience said:

Hiya! We seem to be in a similar position - I too started off with 10 stone to lose, and have lost six stone over the last year. I haven't really had any blips, but I know the last 3 or 4 stone is going to be a lot harder, or at least slower, than the first 6! I too am an evening, watching TV eater, and I get round it by not having my dinner until 9pm at the earliest - I can get through the evening just fine if I know my main meal is still to come. And I love Ben and Jerry's, lol. I've had none for over a year, but have treated myself to a tub this week as I'm on holiday and having a few planned treats! All the best. xx

hi all. I hope you enjoy that ben and jerrys tracy, you deserve a little treat! i seem to be down a lb today but i'm not going to take that as certain, my proper weigh in day is monday so i'll only record any losses i see then :) i think i would've lost a bit more but i haven't been able to get much exercise in this week. took my car to the garage yesterday and they haven't got back to me about when i can take the car in to be done. grr i want to drive up to hockley woods with the dog for a nice long trek :( it's way too far to walk (when you have limited time to get there and back) it's over 5 miles, but i'm not sure you can take dogs on public transport.

i'm already noticing how sweet things are if that makes sense. i definitely used to use way too much sugar. i just had a smal bowl of kellogs mini max and usually i'd smother it in sugar but because i've had no sugar for almost a week they taste unbelievably sweet without it! i bought some truvia sweetner (insanely bloody expensive!) and tried it on porridge yesterday but it left a funny after taste.

Got in induction interview tonight to retake my math gcse. eeek. passed the science one last week but i'm nervous about this one, my math is atrocious! that's why i'm redoing it though, need to get better than the E i got at school lol

I hope everyone's having a great morning x

Lol, thanks, I'm looking forward to it! My husband and daughter are going camping for a few days, and I'm staying here with the guinea pigs in the warm and dry!!

You sound a lot more energetic than me :) I don't exercise for a variety of health reasons, so have to be extra vigilant with my calories. I only get weighed every two months, by my GP, so I never know how my weight is doing from week to week, which suits me very well. xx

Good luck with the Maths, by the way, and well done on the Science! It's a VERY long time since I took my O-levels, lol (34 years :eek:). xx

Thank you! i'm really excited about starting. i passed the assessment test and the tutor said i can do the higher level which is exactly what i wanted. i was a bit of a lost cause in school so wasted the opportunity. looking forward to a fresh start :) weigh-in day tomorrow, i don't feel like i've lost any weight but i'm hoping at least a lb had come off. My new diet is doing wonders for my energy levels! i can't believe how much energy i've got, i'm constantly up and about moving around and find it hard to sit still which is unlike me, i'm usually a right couch potato. Hoping to start swimming again this week and my sister wants to join the gym once she starts her new job. i'm out for a nice, long walk with the dog tonight, probably about 2 miles. i definitely prefer doing the bulk of my exercise in the evening. i'm still thinking about ordering an exercise bike. went to a party last night and didn't eat a thing, all the party food was cake, crisps sandwiches etc. sandwiches aren't too bad but i've only been having wholemeal so i didn't have any. i ate before i went. Well i'd better go and do some housework! hope everyone is doing well!

lost 1lb :) that's with doing no exercise at all really apart from the wlk last night. this week i'll hopefully be swimming and walking every day.

swimming is twice a week, i'll be walking every day haha i'd love to swim every day but i can't :( had oatibix with skimmed milk and a tiny bit of truvia sweetner.

well done givemescience on your weight loss, Em x

Wow well done on the loss so far! I agree with you about the walking, when I first had my dog we'd walk miles and I lost loads of weight. But now she's older she's as lazy as me and doesn't like walking too far! :)
I eat when bored too. This week I started snacking on celery. So much hard work chewing on that stuff by the time you've finished you forgot you had the munches at all! Lol x

lol! i've lost 3lb this week, that's 7lb in 2 weeks :D i weighed in at 14st 2lb when i decided to go back on a diet! i've been walking quite a lot so i think that helped!

woo hoo thats great givemescience, fab weight loss!! you should be mega proud of yourself! Em xx

Back