Discover Hoping to become a slim bridesmaid! :)

sparkles37

Silver Member
Hi all! :wavey:

I've just switched over from Slimming World. Really loved the plan but I've been feeling really sickly since starting it & I've been disheartened by some of my losses (it's very possible I'd get the same losses with WW given that I am quite inactive, but I just figured I'd give this a try for a few weeks so I'm not always wondering what if!). I also travel a lot at the moment & feel that WW would give me a bit more flexibility while I'm away. I have done WW in the past & loved it initially - however, I always seemed to get to a point where I started using my points on things like chocolate & crisps, and avoiding fruit as I didn't want to use up points on it! So I've decided to go back to WW for a while, while incorporating some of the SW guidelines into my diet (going to try & have 1/3 of my meals as fruit/veg & trying not to get into the habit of snacking on junk food instead of fruit) and then after a few weeks I should have a good idea whether WW or SW fits best into my lifestyle. Either way, I'm determined to get to target. I'm trying to get to target by March as I'm going to be a bridesmaid and I also have another family wedding next year too (& hopefully a graduation from college) that I really want to be slim for!

I'm doing the discover plan - not propoints - and have an allowance of 18 points. As I'm a little bit rusty on some of the points, I'm open to criticism/pointers. So here goes....

Wednesday 17th:

Breakfast
:
2 oatibix with ricemilk & a banana (5)

Lunch:
Home-made leek & potato soup (mostly leek) (.5)
3 rice-cakes with an extra-light cheese triangle (1.5)

Dinner:
Chicken breast in marinade with 2 potatoes & tonnes of veg (mashed carrot & turnip, broccoli, cauliflower & mushrooms) & a little gravy (6)

Tea:
Small bowl krispies (2)

Snacks:

Alpen light (1)
2 mini meringues (.5)
Baked walkers crisps (1.5) - was feeling unwell again in the eve so I needed a salt fix!

Total: 18/18

I haven't been feeling well this week & was very feeling very unwell yesterday, particularly yesterday eve, so I think I'm extra hungry today as a result.

Last edited:
Good luck & I'll keep an eye out! I may follow you over here at some point but want to see how my losses are first x

Good luck & I'll keep an eye out! I may follow you over here at some point but want to see how my losses are first x

Thanks Holly! :) I may be back to SW yet, depending on how I get on over the next few weeks with WW. Will keep an eye on your food diary anyway!x

Today is the first of 5 days away..so here's hoping I manage to have a good week. Staying with my brother today so it's not too bad-the real challenge will be tomorrow to Tuesday when I'm in b&bs with just a kettle!

Thursday 18th:
Breakfast:

2 oatibix and rice milk (3.5)

Lunch:
2 gluten-free bread with an extra light cheese triangle (2.5) and an orange (.5)

Dinner:
Cottage pie with mashed carrots and turnip (7)

Snacks:
Alpen light (1)
1/2 can sugar free red bull (0..I think?) to keep me awake during a long distance early morning drive
Options (.5) and alpen light (1) - I'm freezing so I needed something to warm me up!
Alpen light x 2 (2)

Total points: 18/18

Hope everyone's having a good day! :)

Last edited:
Haven't been the past 2 days as the b&b I was staying in didn't have wifi in the rooms (so annoying when they advertise that they have wifi!!). Have managed to stick within my points. This is my first time travelling since switching back to WW from SW and I have to say, I am finding it easier so far to manage eating on the go while on WW.

Friday 19th:
Breakfast:
Porridge pot (2.5)

Lunch:
Wrap with ham, lettuce & corn (5.5)
Packet of skips (1.5)
Pepsi max

Dinner:
Smash with a cheese triangle mixed through (3)

Snacks:

Banana (1.5)
Alpen light (1)
Mixed fruit (1)

Total points: 16/18

Saturday 20th:
Breakfast:
Cornflakes (3) & toast with a scraping of butter (2.5)

Lunch:
Porridge pot (2.5)
Low-calorie quicksoup (.5)

Snacks:

Mixed fruit (1)
Banana (1.5)
Alpen light (1)
Low-cal quicksoup (.5)
3 rice-cakes (1)

Total points: 13.5/18
(I was going to get a chinese (veg.chow mein) for dinner, but I was asleep for a while in the afternoon and wasn't that hungry)

Last edited:
Sunday 21st:
Breakfast:
2 poached eggs (2.5), 2 gluten-free bread (2) & small glass apple juice (.5)

Lunch:

Porridge pot (2.5)
Banana (1.5)
Low-cal quicksoup (.5)

Dinner:
Chinese takeaway-Vegetable chow mein (4.5)
Pepsi max
Packet of skips (1.5)

Snacks:
Alpen light (1)
2 small coffee biscuits (1.5)

Total points: 18/18

Last edited:
Not feeling good about WI this week. First totm since starting SW/WW and feeling heavy and bloated-definitely expecting a gain Wednesday..and I'm thinking maybe that explains my small loss last week, as I've read that some people put on/STS the week before.

Anyway, feeling good otherwise. My last day away and then I get to go home tomorrow for nearly a week and eat normal food and sleep in my own bed! :D

Monday 22nd:
Breakfast:

Porridge pot (2.5)

Snacks:
Banana (1.5)
Low-cal quick soup (.5)
2 slices tinned pineapple in own juice (.5)
Drank the bloody pineapple juice without thinking so will have to add on for that (.5)

Lunch:
Brown bread sandwich with ham & lettuce, no butter/mayo (3.5)
Crunchie (3.5) - decided to get a within-points treat today & I have to say, I enjoyed it sooooo much as I haven't had a proper bar in ages!

Dinner/Tea:
3 rice cakes (1)
Banana (1.5)
2 slices pineapple (.5)
Didn't have a proper dinner as the only thing I could think of to get was a vegetable chow mein and really didn't feel like another one today - it also cost me €10 yesterday which I thought was very steep! I had a late afternoon nap too (I'm away & bored so I'd nothing better to do!) so I wasn't really hungry anyway.

Total points: 15.5/18

Last edited:
You're doing really well on Weight Watchers! Keeping my fingers crossed for you for Wednesday. I'm sure you'll be fine xx

You're doing really well on Weight Watchers! Keeping my fingers crossed for you for Wednesday. I'm sure you'll be fine xx

Thanks Holly! :) Although I did love SW, I'm definitely finding eating while away much easier this week because of WW. Hopefully I can keep it up & really hope I can start seeing a change soon - my belly is as big as ever & having a real 'feeling like I look like crap' day today.

I've resisted a lot of temptation the past few days though where typically I would have stuffed my face (delis where I used to get wraps with sausages & melted cheese for lunch; filling stations where I used to get 2 bars of choc & 2 bags of crisps in one stop!; takeaways where I would have normally gotten chips, pizza, etc... for dinner) so I'm really proud of that! I'm actually staying in a b&b that I was in about 6 months ago when I was in full blown binge mode (it was a week before my exams). I remember the last time I was here, I went to the filling station and got coke, a large share packet of m&m's, share size packet of crisps, McDonalds, and tonnes of other crap. This time, the bin in my room is full of cupasoup wrappers, porridge pots & banana skins instead! :D

Well done in making such a good transition. Long may it continue and with some good results too!

Thanks Emmaline. It's so hard to resist temptation when travelling but so far so good. The results is the important bit so here's hoping!! :cross:

You have similar stats to me! :)

You're doing so well with sticking to your points I'm sure you'll see a fab loss!

You have similar stats to me! :)

You're doing so well with sticking to your points I'm sure you'll see a fab loss!

I love coming across people with similar stats. Thanks for popping in! Looks like you're doing brill. Well done on your losses so far! :) Do you have a diary? Really hoping for a loss, but I won't be too disappointed this week if not given that it's totm & I'm not sure if/how that will affect my losses. Hopefully if I don't lose this week because of that, I'll have a bigger loss the week after! :)

Just after having a crunchie with my lunch - was sooooo tasty & loved being able to have it without feeling guilty! :D

Feeling really good about this week. I definitely feel like switching over to WW has helped me hugely in sticking to healthy eating while I'm away. I did absolutely nothing productive today though & had a completely unnecessary 2 hour nap in the afternoon as I was so bored. So now I really need to work on increasing my productivity & start doing some study & exercise while I'm away (I am doing a PhD at the moment so there are a zillion things that I could/should be doing!). I also really need to start introducing some more exercise into my life in general - because all I do is study & drive at the moment, and I don't do exercise, I have a lot of issues with muscle tightness & pains, so I really need to cop on & start getting more active! So those are my next 2 goals now that healthy eating seems to be going well! :D

Tuesday 23rd:
Breakfast:

Porridge pot (2.5)

Snack:
3 salt&vinegar rice cakes (1)

Lunch:
Banana (1.5)
Small bowl homemade leek & potato soup (.5)
1 slice gluten-free bread (1)
Tea

Dinner:
Chicken lemon casserole with mushrooms, carrots & celery (3) and 2 small potatoes (2)
Tea and a cadburys caramel biscuit (1.5) - my friend brought these when she came to visit but didn't think they tasted great!

Cinema snacks:
Fruit pastilles (2)
Baked walkers crisps (1.5)

Total points: 16.5/18

Got to come home today after 5 days away. Wrecked after a really long day of driving but so nice to be back home! :) My boyfriend had the evening off work too so got to go to the cinema-which is why a few of my points were spent on treats!

Have my first WI tomorrow since I started back on WW so looking forward to seeing what the scales say. I'm hoping I won't be too disappointed no matter what it says as I have my totm and also, although I can't feel/see any difference yet myself, I got a few comments today from family that my weight loss is starting to be noticeable! :)

Last edited:
Good luck with weigh In! Sometimes it does take a while to hit you how much you've lost but one day it will and you will be like WOW! Lol xx

Thanks so much georgi!

I lost 2lbs!! :) Over the moon. Only 2 3/4lbs more to my first stone gone and then only 1lb more to get to 10 1/2 stone. Delighted and feeling really happy this morn!! :D

I'm aiming to save 2-4 points every day between now & Saturday as I think I'm going out for a family dinner on Saturday & going out Saturday night.

Plan for 24th October:

Breakfast:
Cheerios with ricemilk (3.5)

Lunch:
Soup with 1 gluten-free bread (1.5)
Tea

Dinner:
Lean bacon slices with mashed potato, small bit of gravy, peas, mashed carrot & turnip, and mushrooms (6)

Tea:
1 slice gluten-free bread with an extra-light cheese triangle (1.5)

Snacks:
Oreo (1) - first time tasting these and was pleasantly surprised
2 mini meringues (.5)

Total points: 14/18

Last edited:
Back