Horrible week :o(

Pink_Peony

The title says it all really! I have stuck to plan 100% but the scales haven't budged :eek: Weigh in tomororw but I don't hold out much hope at all. I am late coming on (this is normal for me) and I feel like that is really hindering my loss. Well I am at a loss as to what else it could be because as I say, I have stuck to the plan this week 100%. No reason for this post other than to have a little moan :D

ooo chin up, it might not be as bad as you think!!! you have had brilliant losses so far so think positive and if you have stuck to it 100% then you know you must have done some good.
Do you do your diarys??? if you do maintain then maybe your consultant could have a look and see if you could make any changes...? im very new to this so dont know if the other ladies have any more advice for you...
Good Luck :)

Scales at home are quite often different from those they have at group- I've been in the same frame of mind as you before, then gone to WI and had a pleasant surprise.

Could be water retention which is causing you to STS especially if you're due on? I take water retention tablets to help this or you could drink nettle or dandelion tea (never tried those) but hear they are herbal remedies to water retention.

Additionally if you have take exercise more than usual this week - you're musles may have built up which could be another reason?

Chin up missus. WI isn't until tomorrow and even if the scales do sts then you can at least look back on your week and know you gave it 100% and concentrate on the likely hood that you're late coming on and the scales will do doubt show a great loss next week if you continue as you are.

Good luck x x

Thank you LittleMissCupcake :) You are doing really well too. Yep I do my food diaries so will ask her to have a look over it this week. I can't see how I have done anything different but you never know eh! xxx

Scales at home are quite often different from those they have at group- I've been in the same frame of mind as you before, then gone to WI and had a pleasant surprise.

Could be water retention which is causing you to STS especially if you're due on? I take water retention tablets to help this or you could drink nettle or dandelion tea (never tried those) but hear they are herbal remedies to water retention.

Additionally if you have take exercise more than usual this week - you're musles may have built up which could be another reason?

Chin up missus. WI isn't until tomorrow and even if the scales do sts then you can at least look back on your week and know you gave it 100% and concentrate on the likely hood that you're late coming on and the scales will do doubt show a great loss next week if you continue as you are.

Good luck x x

Thanks Rachella - I had thought about taking water tablets so might give those a whirl :)

Fea - Thank you too hun. You know when you just feel like you have tried so hard but nothing is happening. Just feeling sorry for myself :D

Really, stay off the scales at home between WIs! Home scales are notoriously unreliable, and it doesn't do you any good, you'll only end up worrying yourself silly! I think I said this in another post a few days ago - every consultant I've ever had has warned me against weighing at home mid week. Your weight fluctuates so much over the course of a week that the only way to get a true reflection of your weight loss is to weigh regularly, once a week.

I'm sure you'll be fine this week - good luck!

Thanks Helen :) I am so with you on the scales point, I even tell other people and need to take my own advice too, hee hee!!! xx

Try and look at your weightloss over a 4 week period to allow for any hormonal goings on. I lost 2lb, then 1lb, then STS, and this week looks like I am at least looking to lose 5lbs! I try and aim for 7lbs every 4 weeks.

Good luck for tomorrow x

I know exactly what you mean Pink. But don't lose hope. Good luck for tomorrow xx

Pink, you always have such good days - i bet you are pleasently surprised when you get on the scales tomorrow! And if yr TOTM is playing up, then you will know by next week your weight will have sorted itself out and you will see the difference next week :) let us know how u get on, good luck!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Try and look at your weightloss over a 4 week period to allow for any hormonal goings on. I lost 2lb, then 1lb, then STS, and this week looks like I am at least looking to lose 5lbs! I try and aim for 7lbs every 4 weeks.

Good luck for tomorrow x

I know exactly what you mean Pink. But don't lose hope. Good luck for tomorrow xx

Pink, you always have such good days - i bet you are pleasently surprised when you get on the scales tomorrow! And if yr TOTM is playing up, then you will know by next week your weight will have sorted itself out and you will see the difference next week :) let us know how u get on, good luck!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you girls! You are all so great and supportive! Thank you so much, I really mean it.

Spaceangel - You are right I do need to look at it overall rather than weekly!

Thanks again everyone, you have made me feel better :D xx

i am excatly the same as you this week, i am hoping that
a) my scales are completely wrong - last week they were spot on
b) the weight will drop off by tomorrow night
c)i will have a fantasic loss next week and i will reach my seven pound target for this month( as i am focusing on monthly loss to keep me motivated)

dont worry about it, i am just going to see what happens then **** myself when i am about to get weighed.
seriously it will be ok, what do you want to bet that we was worrying about nothing,
let us know how you get on tomorrow

i think sts before you come on is a great result for me i put on even if im 100% on plan

i am excatly the same as you this week, i am hoping that
a) my scales are completely wrong - last week they were spot on
b) the weight will drop off by tomorrow night
c)i will have a fantasic loss next week and i will reach my seven pound target for this month( as i am focusing on monthly loss to keep me motivated)

dont worry about it, i am just going to see what happens then **** myself when i am about to get weighed.
seriously it will be ok, what do you want to bet that we was worrying about nothing,
let us know how you get on tomorrow

i think sts before you come on is a great result for me i put on even if im 100% on plan

Thanks Bev - It's so demotivating to stick 100% but not see a result isn't it but deep down I know it's about the long haul rather than week on week :D Good luck for you too hun!

Abigail - Ah I guess so, STS isn't that bad really is it, and I guess a gain is completely understandable at TOTM too eh! It's because my TOTM is so eratic that I don't want lots of crappy weeks because of it, lol! I feel like I only have one week per mth when TOTM doesn't effct things :cry: Ah listen to me moaning on, hee hee xx

Thanks Helen :) I am so with you on the scales point, I even tell other people and need to take my own advice too, hee hee!!! xx

I know what you mean - somehow it's easy to dispense advice and take no notice of it ourselves! :giggle: Keep us posted as to how you get on this week, I'm sure you'll be fine :D

Back