Horrid day at work. 24syns and still want more!

Supergirl1980

Silver Member
Someone stop me!
Or, alternatively, tell me that it is ok to go and eat all the maltesers left from Christmas. The only thing stopping me is 9.30 weigh in tomorrow!

Hey hey heyyyy!!!! Do you want that loss tomorrow or not? Surely it can wait a few more hours? How about you save them to treat yourself for losing tomorrow! Then you can decide how much to have and incorporate it into your syns for the week so you'll get a treat and still be on plan!! Come oooon! Youve managed a week! Dont ruin it now!

How about having an Options hot chocolate or a Bovril or something? I find something tasty to drink fills me up just as good as a rubbish, ten-second calorie-laden tiny mouthful! Im currenly bursting on diet cream soda cos it tastes like ice cream and the bubbles fill my tum up! :D

C'moooon, you can do it til tomorrow! :)

Go for a walk if you can. Distraction helps to manage the cravings.
Think how good tomorrow will be if you ignore those sweets. :D

Thank you for your replies. I think I'm just going to go to bed and avoid the chocolate that way. I've totalled my weekly syns and have it adds up to 96.5 so still a nudge under the 105, so the 24 today hopefully won't have done too much damage.

I wish I could break this emotional eating habit though!

Yes I know and totally understand what you are saying. I am exactly the same but gradually learning to control the urge to eat something naughty when I get upset or angry. I have a big bowl of fruit on my desk and have one when I get upset or throw it at the wall.

floweryrosie said:
Yes I know and totally understand what you are saying. I am exactly the same but gradually learning to control the urge to eat something naughty when I get upset or angry. I have a big bowl of fruit on my desk and have one when I get upset or throw it at the wall.

Haha. I have visions of you wolfing down the bowl of fruit in order so you can throw it at the wall. Lol. :)

Seriously though, we've all been there and I think we're all still learning - I certainly am. I'm only just attempting to get back on track after a really disappointing end to last year. I like to think I'm taking the scenic route. It takes a little longer each time for me to fall off the wagon and eventually I'll get to where I want to be and hopefully be safely secured on that wagon. :)

I turn to wine when I've had a bad day, & when I've had a good day:D

But seriously yesterday I had such a sh1t day, it's a new job & I just can't believe what goes on. At the end of the day I really felt like a needed a glass of wine, yes really needed:rolleyes:, so I had 1 glass and did feel better. I'm fortunate that I am able to stop myself having more, but I still understand how bad days make you crave something, whether it be crap food or wine. I think the key is to stay in control, as time goes on it will get better:D

Thank you for your replies. I think I'm just going to go to bed and avoid the chocolate that way. I've totalled my weekly syns and have it adds up to 96.5 so still a nudge under the 105, so the 24 today hopefully won't have done too much damage.

I wish I could break this emotional eating habit though!

Not a disaster then. Best of luck for the WI tomorrow. :)

Well weigh in was this morning and I lost 3lbs! Had I given in to my cravings last night that might not have been so good!

It sounds like we all have the same problem- food is used to commiserate and celebrate! I suppose the key is in learning to make healthier choices, whether that is fruit or just a treat size choc instead of the family sized bar!

3lbs is fab! Well done honey!

Back