Horror Night!

Louxx1

Just wanted some advice. Im doing a 'come dine with me' type dinner with my family. Basically my sister & her OH, my mums & stepdad and myself & OH wrote a theme down on paper , then we all pulled out the hat. We lucked out and got horror night.

Im aware that my sisters and mums meals will prob not be too SW friendly. I however would like to stick to the plan. So I really need inspiration..

Anyone that has any ideas please help!! I have no clue what to do.. I want to win. :) Obviously.

Thankyou in advance.

PS Its 3 course minimum and menus have to be sent out by Friday.

ooh this sounds great -

how about starter wise go for a green soup such as pea soup
i found a recipe online which is slimming world

Slimming World Recipes: Minted Green Pea and Basil Soup

Call it "Slime Soup"

Main wise I would do something tomato based -there is a recipe in one of the old slimming world books and its now a firm favourite, in fact we are doing it when we have a veggie come for dinner, making the sauce separately and cooking chicken for 3 and quorn for 1.

You could call it "Chicken in a blood red sauce" - the recipe served it with polenta but we would serve with mini roasted potatoes and green veg

I googled on line and found someone post it on Money Saving Expert so the comment below is from them.

Chop 1 onion, crush 2 cloves of garlic, about 200g button mushrooms and half a pint of stock (think I used bovril chicken: loaded teaspoon full then half pint of boiling water. Cook all the above in a big saucepan for 10 minutes on high with the lid on then 20 on simmer with lid off till all stock absorbed / cooked off and everything nice and tender, throw in 250ml red wine, tin of chopped toms, some fresh rosemary, 8 skinned chicken thighs and season and cook for another 30 minutes (recipe said 20 but was giving this to my little one too so wanted to be safe).

Desert wise I would go for the vodka jelly (low syn), or a meringue based desert such as Eton Mess. Call in "Mess" or "Bloody Mess" or "Gooey Mess" - dependant on the colour fruits u use (mangos or peaches might work well for a goey mess, whereas strawberry or raspberry or both for the bloody mess).

You could use cream for the other 3 and use a thick 0% greek yoghurt sweetened with sweetner for yourself.

I know it was intended to but that made me giggle!

Just put food dye in everything. And eyeball jellies (proper grown up me).

How about Jamie Oliver's bloody Mary mussels, our friend made them for us when we went for dinner, you'd have the syns of the vodka but I'm pretty sure the rest of it was pretty syn friendly as it was tomato based.

Back