Hospital Bag

Rhubarb_Cakes

I've been looking into packing a hospital bag. What actually do you require?

I've found several sources of information and all of them vary as to what you actually need to take with you and what you don't.

I've been looking into packing a hospital bag. What actually do you require? I've found several sources of information and all of them vary as to what you actually need to take with you and what you don't.

Hey apart from the usual toiletries etc i have two pairs of black thin joggers and two tops rather then pjs so i will feel a bit more dressed and can go home in them to if i want! Leggings and a dress that fitted the other month. Three baby grows and three vests, a few hats, scratch mitts and a nighty to give birth in or a tankini top and swim skirt if i can use the pool. Socks, toothbrush for o/h cellular blanket and baby's coming home outfit. Any hair things nearer the time i will put ma makeup bag on top when i have used it !

Starter pack of milk, i asked about expressing and she said the hospital have a pump but at first you can use a syringe so no need to take bottles or expresser. Nappies, wipes - more for me, cotton wool , some nappy bags and the little free sudecrem from bounty pack.

Cans of pop/ energy drinks biscuits, crisps, boiled sweets

Think thats it. Only a few mins away from hospital so not bothered packing an extra bag in case of a longer stay as plenty of people that can pop and get things as its all in place and ready x

I used Vaseline, dry shampoo, about a million pads and I found a little electric hand fan invaluable it's hot bloomin work lol

I used Vaseline, dry shampoo, about a million pads and I found a little electric hand fan invaluable it's hot bloomin work lol

I'm with Katie, definitely dry shampoo!! And maternity pads, went through loads of them. I was in for 9 days so hubby had to keep bringing me bits as I'd only packed for 2-3 days.
Take plenty of little snacks with you. It costs a fortune going to the hospital shop. And food and drinks for your OH. Tom had to go to the cafe/shop a lot. We spent £150 while I was in and everything was shut for two of the days (Boxing Day & New Years Day) so it would have been far more.
If you end up going over and induced take magazines or books or something to do, it's extremely boring!! I spent loads of time in the jacuzzi bath ;)

Back