Hot packs - advice please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Peridot, 30 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Peridot

Peridot Peridot

I've just started CD and could do with some advice from you experts. Which packs work well hot? Now that the weather's so cold and my feet even colder.....!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gemma

Gemma Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I always split the chocolate tetras in to half and top up with hot water, it is yummy

4. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I like hot chocolate, vanilla and banana. I make them with slightly less water and they are thick and yum. Also try mixing flavours. I am quite passionate about chocolate and fruits of the forest mixed - you can make cambridge cocktails!

5. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I love the choc mint, choc orange, vanilla, toffee and walnut, choc, and choc tetras all hot...I have tried them all hot and even the strawberry is quite nice for a change..

6. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The only one I like hot is the chocolate tetras, they are lovely!

I have vanilla, banana and chocolate warm with some pysillium (sp) husks for my breakfast at 13.00 and that is great to warm you through and fill you up!!!
    Also the veg stock that you can get from your CDC is really nice with some pepper!

7. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I love the vanilla hot with a spoonful of coffee, it makes a really creamy vanilla latte *yum*

I also have hot chocolate and cappuccino, but haven't tried any of the others hot yet

8. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    I can't bear any of the shakes hot, well not the ones I have tried anyway. I have to have them icy cold! The only things I like hot are the veg soup or the chicken & mushroom.

I've only tried chocolate, choc mint, cappuccino and vanilla hot though. Maybe some of the others are nice hot :)

9. longtobeslim

longtobeslim Full Member

I like the chocolate hot with a spoon of coffee and the choc mint,choc orange are very nice hot too.Lucyxx

10. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey!

I have all mine hot (choc, vanilla, capuccino). I split them in half and make up with loads of water as I can't bear them strong.

11. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I did that on Sunday and never again :(

Dishwater is the phrase that comes to mind to describe it!

I love the chocolate tetra as it is straight from the box :)

12. dellymolly

dellymolly Full Member

i like all the chocolate ones hot and as someone whos never drank coffee in her life i steered away from the cappacino...i decided to give it a go and i really liked it so now im a coffee drinker! allbeit mellowbirds but hey its still coffee lol

ive not tried any of the sweet ones hot, i prefer them cold or as a mousse or truffles :p

13. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I don't usually go for the hot ones, i find them easier to have if they're ice cold, but Chika i love the idea of mixing them and having your very own Cambridge cocktails!
    When you make up a hot chocolate, do you just put it in a mug and add the hot water? Do you not get lumps like that?

14. Peridot

Peridot Peridot

Truffles???? I think you need to explain!

15. dellymolly

dellymolly Full Member

add a little bit of water to a sweet sachet, mix into a paste, roll into little balls using two tea spoons, pop on a plate and put in the freezer, i leave them in for an hour, then prise them off the plate and enjoy :)

you get about 10 from a sachet, i love butterscotch but all of the shakes work!

16. dawnyblue

dawnyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    the Butterscotch is surprisingly nice hot, in fact it's the only one so far that I like hot, all the rest I like chilled. I'm getting a bit concerned now the weather's getting colder though as I'm going to have to start drinking hot ones rather than chilled ones in winter!

17. slimforlive

slimforlive Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    While it's cold I have 2 Hot chocolates a day (made with sachets) It's lovely (and I don't usually like hot chocolate) - I occassionally have choc mint too, then in the evening I normally have a hot toffee/Walnut - tastes like maple syrup. yummmm

I use a large mug - put all the shake in - add cold water, mix well, then add hot water. Yummmmy

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.